DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Wedding video for you guys (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/235288-wedding-video-you-guys.html)

Stelios Christofides May 13th, 2009 12:44 PM

Wedding video for you guys

It took me a long time to press the "Submit New Thread" button so I can have this video criticised, so to speak. I was feeling nervous really but eventually I know that all the advise you get here is like gold and I feel lucky that I am a member of this group of professional people.
Anyway let me have your commends on this wedding video clip done last Sunday.

Marios & Mary on Vimeo

Stelios

Marco Dias May 13th, 2009 02:47 PM

At 0:43 and 3:09 is that camera flash?

Is that what rolling shutter looks like in slow mode?

Rob Morse May 13th, 2009 05:16 PM

Nice job Stelios. The video looks great and I thought it was put together well.
As far as the flashes, I still don't have a problem with the rolling shutter. Everyone want's their stuff to look more like film and CMOS acts more like film.

Asvaldur Kristjansson May 13th, 2009 05:53 PM

Nice video. To add a little critic that would be only the slowmotion for my taste was a bit slow. 50% slower from normal speed is what I often use. Well done.

Paul Mailath May 13th, 2009 06:26 PM

I really liked the cinematic intro but it seemed a bit much for the video itself - maybe it would have been better at the end?

great job, nice and smooth - I enjoyed watching it. It's a pity they weren't smiling more - it all seemed very serious - it looks like you are copping a withering stare from one of the mothers at 2:28

I think there was a jump cut at 3:14 and watching it again I'm aware of just how serious everyone is - is that a common thing in cyprus? - I'm wondering if there might have been an opportunity to capture more of the joy of the reception & dancing as a counterpoint to the gravity of the ceremony - just a thought.

great stuff - keep em comming, I think I learn something from every one I watch.

Travis Cossel May 13th, 2009 07:03 PM

Nice work, Stelios. I can see you've been improving things with this video.

For me there was a bit too much slow motion. I understand that the music is slow, but sometimes having some full-speed action onscreen can help lift a piece up.

Thanks for sharing. That was nice to watch.

Stelios Christofides May 14th, 2009 03:49 AM

Thank you guys for your commends. I will be more careful next time with the slow motion. The music was from the film "Slumdog Millionaire" I loved the film.
Paul you are absolutely right about everyone being so serious even the bride and groom. It was one of the first wedding I have been that the atmosphere was so "serious" and cool. Can you believe it that I had to ask the groom to kiss the bride!!! and believe me there was NO dancing after the main dance. Most people left by 11:00pm!!! Anyway maybe the couple were shy. No in Cyprus we are not that serious. We are crazy people actually...lol

Stelios