DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Yet Another 'Save the Date' (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/236257-yet-another-save-date.html)

Ian Lim May 28th, 2009 09:45 AM

Yet Another 'Save the Date'

Hi guys, hope you dont get bored with another 'Save the Date' video :D

Nico & Fei - Save the Date on Vimeo

Feedback are much appreciated!

cheers,

Ian

Noel Lising May 28th, 2009 10:01 AM

That was awesome. You are now on my stalk list.

Don Bloom May 28th, 2009 11:01 AM

nicely done. a short love story.

Matt Barwick May 28th, 2009 07:22 PM

Pretty hard to get bored with something like that Ian :) beautifully done - nice length and to the point.

Amazing imagery too - rich, vivid colours and gorgeous shallow DOF shots. Shot on the 5D II?

If I had to comment on anything, I would've maybe liked to have seen the shots with the couples running in real time, rather than the slower frame rate, but it didn't take away from the overall feel of the piece so no biggy.

Eric Pasarin May 28th, 2009 09:37 PM

Beautiful stuff. Man, I've always loved that shallow DOF. Nice feel with the music and motion. I didn't like the part where they played at a slower FPS. I thought it was my computer acting up again, but playing it back, it seemed it was intended. Shame because those were beautiful motion shots through the garden maze!

Great job!

Ian Lim May 29th, 2009 08:19 AM

Thanks for the encouraging words, folks! Actually the running shots were using HV20 with no adapter. It's almost impossible to match the 25fps (i'm using PAL HV20) with the rest of the shots (30fps of 5D MII) without ghosting. So, i decided to combined that with the idea of 'a la Slumdog Millionaire-less- frame-rate' shots :D :D

Oleg Kalyan May 30th, 2009 12:35 AM

Ian, well done, enjoyed it! Very creative!

David Schuurman May 30th, 2009 11:23 AM

That was great.

My favorite part was the length. short enough that it leaves me wanting more. Good job.

Jawad Mir May 30th, 2009 11:32 AM

Absolutely stunning. One of my favorite videos now

Not just amazingly shot and edited but brilliantly scoped and directed

Jason Magbanua May 30th, 2009 08:50 PM

get bored? from your videos? not a chance!

thanks for sharing!

Yang Wen May 31st, 2009 08:45 AM

Great stuff Ian! In my opinion you have the best art direction of all wedding videographers that I've seen. Your shots are beyond creative! Didn't you say that your wife helps you with art direction? Koodos to her as well!

Ian Lim May 31st, 2009 10:19 PM

I can't thank you enough, guys! :D

Yang Wen: Yep, my wife not just helping me, actually she's the one that directs almost everything from concept, costumes etc... :D

Alex Atamanskiy May 31st, 2009 10:41 PM

Another quality example!
Great job!

Terry Taravella June 1st, 2009 05:25 PM

Sexxxyyyyy!!! Love it!

Matthew Ebenezer June 1st, 2009 10:19 PM

Love it Ian! I always look forward to seeing your work.

Cheers!

Matthew.

Ian Lim June 2nd, 2009 10:11 PM

Alex: Thanks!

Terry: Who's sexxxyyy? :D :D

Matt: Thanks mate! I just saw your newest eShoot video, A-W-E-S-O-M-E is all I can say! :D

Travis Cossel June 2nd, 2009 11:09 PM

Enjoyed that piece. Like another poster said, it was the perfect length. I absolutely loved the shot of her opening the door. Brilliantly shot.

Ian Lim June 4th, 2009 02:17 PM

Perfect length, indeed! Thanks, Travis!