DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   "Passion in Moscow", Richard&Katya Story (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/236312-passion-moscow-richard-katya-story.html)

Oleg Kalyan May 28th, 2009 11:54 PM

"Passion in Moscow", Richard&Katya Story

Here I finally made something in English, in a narrative form. No need for subtitles!

"Passion in Moscow, Katya&Richard L.S." By Oleg Kalyan On ExposureRoom

???? ?????? - ????. - "Passion in Moscow", short film. ???????????????.

Please share your impressions!

Matt Barwick May 29th, 2009 12:24 AM

My impressions? Amazing production value Oleg...simply amazing. It was more like watching a feature film love story than something related to a wedding. It was nice to be able to understand the narrative language too :)

You're blessed to have:

1) couples that give you the freedom to create this kind of thing and;
2) the technical and creative expertise to pull it off.

One thing that caught my eye (or ear) was around the 2:10 mark. It sounded like the track finished and then it cut in again?

Again, well done.

Matt.

P.S. I loved the 'painting' of their faces with light.

Oleg Kalyan May 29th, 2009 12:30 AM

Маtt, thank you for kind words.
Did some remix on the soundtrack to add to emotional flow of the story.

Ram Purad May 29th, 2009 03:04 AM

LOVE IT!

Top 25 All-Star Team next year! Book it!! You truly are a trend setter.

Just a question Oleg. How is this clip fitted into their Wedding Video? This is sort of a trailer to their full love story or is this what their love story? Do you get to present this at the reception for their guests?

I'm sure couple will love this. Keep up the great work.

Oleg Kalyan May 29th, 2009 05:37 AM

Ram, thank you,
this short narrative film will be played at a wedding party on a large projection screen. it's another form of entertainment shown at a wedding. (I hope a meaningful one)

As far as being on a list, I guess some kind of recognition, is a good thing, if it helps to move forward to discover new horizon as an art form expression. It can also stall the movement.( Still don't know how it's figured out...)

Michael Ojjeh May 29th, 2009 06:34 AM

Oleg, That was truly amazing, Everything was put together so nicely even the impressions on the BG acting it out were very well, you picked a perfect couple for that shoot.

finally we have something in English from you Oleg that we can understand :):), was that your voice ?

Great job as always !!!!!!!!!!!

Travis Cossel May 29th, 2009 11:14 AM

Oleg, what I love about your work is that you have a defined style that is yours. Some great visuals and production value here. The narrative was great too.

I do think you could have shortened the piece by about 30 seconds and it would have been stronger. Near the end I felt it lost some momentum.

The kissing shot with the passing light was gold. Beautiful. Was that done with your own lighting or location lighting?

Oleg Kalyan May 30th, 2009 12:31 AM

Michael, thanks a lot!

My voice is not that great, I have more of a Russian accent anyway :)
The voice belongs to the Groom, Richard, he is from England, lived in the US for some time.
Now works and lives in Russia(probably hard to pick his accent, I wonder if he sounds from a particular country)

Travis, thank you!
I've had a 100 wt Dedolight, blue gelled a bit, in the Subway as well as in those "painting" shots..

Susanto Widjaja May 30th, 2009 08:01 AM

gotta love that train passing kissing shot....

was this clip shot in 5D ?? do you mind sharing your lenses??

Great work!!! look like a commercial :)

I agree with travis, I think it could have been a bit shorter.

All in all, still awesome awesome work. seriously quality stuff.

Santo

Oleg Kalyan May 30th, 2009 11:04 AM

Santo, appreciate your comments!

It was shot with 5D, the lenses were Canon 85mm 1.2, Canon 28-300 IS (just one or two shots) and Nikkor 200mm F2.0

Mary Angelini June 17th, 2009 11:13 AM

Wow! You work is amazing. Its a great story, great voice over, music and visuals. I would love to work for you and learn everything I could. Although, Russia may be a little too cold for me. Please keep sharing!

Buba Kastorski June 17th, 2009 11:26 AM

Oleg it's just amazing!
this is completely new look of a "love story" as we used to see it,
and I hope, and wish you making a big step up in you cinematographer career soon;
all the best!

Oleg Kalyan June 18th, 2009 04:26 PM

Mary,
thanks a lot, would love to get to know each other one day, I've been to Fort Lauderdale and Miami once...a little too hot to me :))

Buba,
thank you, appreciate!

Kevin Lewis June 18th, 2009 09:29 PM

How long did it take to shoot and edit that piece?

Oleg Kalyan June 19th, 2009 04:03 AM

Shot in one day, voice over and shots on a black background another couple of hours..
Edit took 2,3 full days.

Stelios Christofides June 19th, 2009 12:28 PM

Oleg
You know I am married for the second time, so the third time around, YOU are definitely are going to be my videographer... lol

P.S. What editing software are you using?

Stelios

Oleg Kalyan June 19th, 2009 09:24 PM

Stelios, instead of shooting a third marriage.... let me do a love story for your present relationship, so you stay in this marriage!

Keep your love stronger :))

Thank you and Cheers!

Stelios Christofides June 20th, 2009 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg Kalyan (Post 1160970)
Stelios, instead of shooting a third marriage.... let me do a love story for your present relationship, so you stay in this marriage!

Keep your love stronger :))

Thank you and Cheers!

I was was just jocking Oleg. Two is more than I can handle...
and your offer of doing a love story of us, I have a better idea. The next time you visit Cyprus you can do a love story of my parents who have being married for nearly 65 years and they still behave that they are on honeymoon!!!

Stelios

Simon Denny June 21st, 2009 12:39 AM

Great images and cutting Oleg.
What do you use for your transitions and also speed changes, I have viewed all of your footage and love what you do.

Regards

Oleg Kalyan June 21st, 2009 11:33 PM

Stelios!
Would love to do a story of your parents, but have a doubt... you can do it better than me!

Simon!
Thank you. I do everything in FCP studio, couple of things done in AE.
That is pretty much all I use.

Cheers!