DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   My First Wedding Video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/236875-my-first-wedding-video.html)

Josh Fung June 6th, 2009 04:56 PM

My First Wedding Video

Hi guys, appreciate your comments.

David & Elaine 2009 on Vimeo

Single Camera shoot using Canon XL2.

Josh Fung June 6th, 2009 05:18 PM

Can some one please tell me why it still have lines (when camera flashes in frame) even when I rendered it in progressive? weird.

Thanh Nguyen June 6th, 2009 06:19 PM

i think

i think it's called rolling shutter. From what i have been read in the forum. If you happen to use slomo it even worst and notice right away. I dont think you can get a way with that. From what i know. by the way what is the song that you used>??

Josh Fung June 6th, 2009 06:40 PM

Hey Thanks Thanh. FYI the music is Backstreet Boys.

Dave Blackhurst June 6th, 2009 06:45 PM

It's NOT rolling shutter... XL2 is a CCD camera. Rolling shutter is a different beast altogether where you get partial frame exposures. ALL cameras have some issues with flash, but this looks like there's something wrong with your deinterlacing settings.

It's not just where there's a flash, I could see interlace combing all through the video. In theory rendering progressive should have taken this out, but I'm guessing you needed to switch on something to deinterlace...

Video looked pretty good for a first time out, I'm sure the couple loved it! Probably some things you could do differently, but I'm just reviewing some of my edits while clearing old projects, and there's ALWAYS something!

Paul Mailath June 6th, 2009 08:09 PM

terrific - I liked the way you used pan & zoom together

the shot of the minister at 1:36 might be shortened to eliminate the focus problem

the audio at 3:42 didn't sound right - I was expecting his to take over the singing, perhaps you could just bring it in when the applause starts and make it look like he was singing along with the song you used for the edit.

just a thought

Josh Fung June 6th, 2009 08:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Dave, pls see attached for my settings. What changes do u recommend? dont see deinterlacing options.

Using Sony Vegas 8.

Jason Robinson June 6th, 2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Fung (Post 1154989)
Can some one please tell me why it still have lines (when camera flashes in frame) even when I rendered it in progressive? weird.

The lines will be there because it was captured like that. I don't believe there is a way around this issue (other than to not shoot with a rolling shutter camera?)

Danny O'Neill June 7th, 2009 06:43 AM

Hi Josh. We too use Vegas and followed the tutorial here for exporting to Vimeo (we use the Sony AVC codec rather than the MainConcept one); Eugenia’s Rants and Thoughts Blog Archive Exporting with Vegas for Vimeo HD

I have to say that video was way better than our first vid. Which I thought was the best ever until I watched it back recently.