DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   A Television Ad (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/237685-television-ad.html)

Jason Magbanua June 20th, 2009 11:23 AM

A Television Ad

Not BY me but ABOUT me. =)

Well since you guys don't have Philippine cable, might as well post it. Indulge me...

Medicol TVC - Jason Magbanua on Vimeo - it's a 15 seconder so don't blink

Here's the much more interesting Making Of -

The Making on Vimeo

We just finished the second ad featuring a lady pilot. So it's basically me and her for this promo campaign. =)

David Schuurman June 20th, 2009 02:47 PM

That was a really high energy second piece! pretty neat!

Nicholas de Kock June 21st, 2009 05:07 PM

I only like funny ads, I didn't laugh. I think that you're cramming too much information into 15 seconds, nothing really stood out, if I saw it on TV I wouldn't remember the website URL either it was too small. I've watched it 10 times and still not sure what you're trying to advertise, I heard award winning videographer and headache so I assume you're a headache to work with? Kidding, on a serious note I'm aware that 15 seconds cost money however my approach would be to use less information, most people won't remember what just happened it's all blurry, bringing home a single message is about all you can do with 15 seconds, slowing it down will be more effective, you'll be wasting money if the viewer has no idea what you're selling especially with an unknown brand. Funny ads make me laugh, I like laughing, I buy funny products :P

Noel Lising June 21st, 2009 06:41 PM

It's not an AD for Jmags but a campaign by Medicol ( tylenol or advil in America) to get nominees for people who excel in their field or profession.

Jason Magbanua June 21st, 2009 07:22 PM

Thanks Nicholas!

I know what you mean but the storyboard was merely handed to us.

Noel perfectly explains what it was about.

What do I know? I'm just the model? hahahaha

Ram Purad June 21st, 2009 09:35 PM

Congratulations Jason!

It's always great to see a wedding videographer is being featured in an ad to promote a product instead of an actor or an athlete. This shows how well your country value wedding videography industry. Considering the massive amount of wedding videos you produce each year, they couldn't have picked a better wedding videographer to promote this product.

One of the reasons that some of us may not "get" this ad its because I believe part of the narration is being done in Filipino. Also the crammed up information is part of the cultural thing based on the country. I felt the same way about watching the ads on Japan television channel when I had the chance to visit the country a few years back. But all of their ads are crammed up like that and that's the way they like it. And I'm sure its a similar case with this Jmag's ad as well. I'm sure the intended message is received loud and clear by most of the viewers in that country.

Waiting for the moment where one of the top 25 from North America is featured in a TV ad here. That day we can all proudly call as a mile stone for our North American Wedding film industry.

Oleg Kalyan June 21st, 2009 11:26 PM

Congrats Jason, great to see our fellow colleague featured in TV advertisement!

Joel Campos June 23rd, 2009 07:01 AM

Awesome piece! Must be pretty cool to see yourself on the tube for a change. =)

Susanto Widjaja June 24th, 2009 09:00 PM

celebrity videographer!!! :P