DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   New clip to share (beautiful bride, venue, + an accidentally amazing Glidetrack shot) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/238019-new-clip-share-beautiful-bride-venue-accidentally-amazing-glidetrack-shot.html)

Richard Wakefield June 26th, 2009 04:07 AM

New clip to share (beautiful bride, venue, + an accidentally amazing Glidetrack shot)

hi all,

here's a new clip to share:

Kayleigh and Steve - Wedding Highlights on Vimeo

and the glidetrack shot i'm referring to is between 1:50 - 1:57. I turned the camera as it went up, and then down, the Glidetrack...and it worked out accidentally well! might have to do that again!

cheers

Susanto Widjaja June 26th, 2009 06:28 AM

hahaha..

don't you love a good surprise!?

nice discovery!

how did you miced the groom when he's doing the speech? is that white thing a mic for the venue mixer??

Santo

Richard Wakefield June 26th, 2009 06:48 AM

hey Susanto,

well actually i don't ever mic people up during the speeches. ok, i don't get the clearest possible audio and i admit that, but i prefer to use a trusty Rode Videomic (shotgun mic) on the XH-A1.

cheers

Susanto Widjaja June 26th, 2009 07:59 AM

o wow.. that sound comes from just the video mic?? thats awesome!! gotta get me one of that. i use rode ntg2.. not very good...

Santo

Richard Wakefield June 26th, 2009 08:01 AM

i've used the videomic as my primary recorder for every wedding for the last 3 years and it's never once let me down...def. recommended!!

...and i thought the NTG2 was meant to be much better?!

Susanto Widjaja June 26th, 2009 09:13 AM

nooo.... its very bad... i trust the inbuilt mic better than ntg2... a1 has quiet good inbuilt mic

^_^

Kevin Shahinian June 26th, 2009 02:40 PM

Hey Richard,

First of all, you've got some really strong work on your site. Really impressive stuff. Some of the cleanest 5D I've seen around. I'm not a huge fan of the fish-eye myself, you seem pretty steady barecam, is there a reason you favor the ultrawide look? I noticed your 5D + PPro workflow and it seems to be doing really well for you. Congrats & keep up the great work.

-K

Richard Wakefield June 26th, 2009 03:59 PM

Hi Kevin,

thanks for the comment. I hate to break the bad news but there is no 5d stuff in there (although I do have one now).
And as for the fisheye, the only reason I use it is because I've not yet decided on a suitable wide-angle lens to add to my equipment list :)

cheers

Vito DeFilippo June 26th, 2009 05:05 PM

Hey Richard,

I enjoyed that. Great shooting, colour grading, etc.

One thing that bugged me was the camera shake at the end of the opening shot. Couldn't you slomo the shot down to remove that?

Cheers...

Kevin Shahinian June 26th, 2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Wakefield (Post 1163993)
I hate to break the bad news but there is no 5d stuff in there (although I do have one now).

Ahhh, you fooled me w/ your workflow post... ;) Well you've got solid footage so whatever your setup, keep up the good work.

Travis Cossel June 26th, 2009 11:21 PM

Hey, great edit Richard. That glide shot did work out nicely!

Cole McDonald June 27th, 2009 12:07 AM

beautiful... what are you using for the steadicam rig?

Richard Wakefield June 27th, 2009 01:30 AM

Hey vito,
damn, u weren't suppposed to pick up on that camera shake :) it really bothers me too and I wish I had sorted it out more now!

Cole, I'd like to say I have an impressive pilot but nope, it's a cheap eBay glidecam 2000 copy!!

Cheers everyone!

Vito DeFilippo June 27th, 2009 07:02 AM

Hey Richard,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Wakefield (Post 1164120)
Hey vito,
damn, u weren't suppposed to pick up on that camera shake :)

Hehe. I'll try be less observant next time!

Stephen J. Williams June 27th, 2009 08:43 AM

Richard..

Very cool way of shooting the receiving line... I might steal this idea from you. I hope you dont mind.

Also, were you using MB looks for color grading?

Steve