DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   My version of wedding highlights (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/238031-my-version-wedding-highlights.html)

Ricci Ocampos June 28th, 2009 08:50 AM

Just to get your attention

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Mailath (Post 1164359)
I guess the problem is calling it wedding highlights - I assume (as do others) that it's the highlights of a particular wedding. That's why the lack of a storyline and jumping from one city to another is confusing.

Perhaps if you had said it's a showreel highlighting weddings that you've covered - there wouldn't have been any confusion. We looked at the clip with certain expectations in mind and those expectations weren't met.

If for instance I put up a clip for review and said it was my new wedding showreel and the clip was actually one wedding ceremony shot with a fixed camera - people would be expecting one thing and getting another - and I'd be getting some solid critique!

My problem with the clip is the intermittent playing - that's not your problem I think it's vimeo. I believe it would be valuable to put some time into working out the compression for Vimeo (for all of us).

IF YOU SEE THE TITLE OF THE CLIP
'"BAIPIXELS WEDDING HIGHLIGHTS CINEMATOGRAPHY"
Means the company's wedding highlights.... i didn't put "ROMEO AND JULIET WEDDING HIGHLIGHTS" ANYWAY any comments will be appreciated.....

Paul Mailath June 28th, 2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricci Ocampos (Post 1164455)
.. ANYWAY any comments will be appreciated.....

Obviously not Ricci..

Please don't take offence because the comments arn't what you expected. One of the best ways we can improve is to ask for the judgement of our peers. If people's critique isn't want you expected then you need to think about what they said - maybe they were right, maybe not. Everytime I put a clip up for comment I want a serious critique - if you want to tell me what you liked, fine but I really need to know what you didn't like, what I did wrong, where I could improve - that's a critique.

If you only want positive comments then you need to say so - unforunately that doesn't benefit anyone, including you.

I am on this forum because everyone here is more experienced/talented than I am - it's a great way to learn, and if I want to benefit from that experience I have to contribute and I have to take compliments AND criticism as they come.

We all need to feel confident in our work and the appreciation of our peers is always a nice feeling - maybe I'm just to old and cynical to appreciate it. I'd rather just say "bring it on" whatever it is, it can only make me better.

Dennis Murphy June 28th, 2009 08:16 PM

You seem quite tetchy about comments that don't seem to be what you want to hear, but I agree with what I've read.
There's some lovely shots in there, but some of them seem totally unrelated to a wedding highlights video or even a demo reel of your wedding work.

Ricci Ocampos June 28th, 2009 11:15 PM

Paul please forgive me if your impression of me was to get all the positive/praise feedback from my video. Coz unfortunately your wrong. Negative or positive is good for us to learn. But let me begin by asking why your critism is all about the confusing headline and vimeos problem? As from your previous post. Just curious about it. Now if somebody criticize about the clip was too short/too long, bad exposure, camera angle was off and so on and on.... And im telling you i will beg for that person to please tell me more (for i will learn from it). Lets not be cynical but be open minded and criticize so others may learn. Again i apologize.

Ricci Ocampos June 28th, 2009 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Murphy (Post 1164622)
You seem quite tetchy about comments that don't seem to be what you want to hear, but I agree with what I've read.
There's some lovely shots in there, but some of them seem totally unrelated to a wedding highlights video or even a demo reel of your wedding work.

Dennis, again you got it all wrong. fyi , i will beg of you to please tell me negative feedbacks than feel good comments. You'll learn and strive to get better from Negative feedbacks and as for positive feedback youll be content and no space for improvement. So be open minded and critcize so others may learn. Again i apologize for what your impression of me as "TETCHY" coz im not