DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   First Trailer clip (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/238458-first-trailer-clip.html)

Jaime Espiritu July 5th, 2009 12:54 AM

First Trailer clip

Hi, Everyone

I've been lurking and watching everyone's clips. It makes mine look like a rookie in comparison.

This is the first time that I'm posting a clip for critique so please I appreciate some constructive criticism.

I've edited it for so long I can't tell if it's good.

The clients loved it.

So here it goes:

Visual Creations Productions - landing-1

Stephen J. Williams July 5th, 2009 10:10 AM

Jaime...

First or foremost the B&G loved it.... so mission accomplished.

I think you have a very cool website, but I'm not a fan of the movie theater frame. I think it would look a little better without all of that...

I know you didn't want comments on your site so onto the video...

You told the story of them being in love. So the story line is there, and thats important.

The one thing that was most distracting to me was the lack of use of a tripod or mono-pod. I learned how nice just a simple shot could be with the camera mounted down and no fancy stuff going on from others on this board. Not everything should be handheld and not everything should be shot from a tripod, you need a mix.

I didn't like (but not dislike) the lowering of the opacity when they were talking about each other. I think you could have probably pulled that off in a different way. Just a normal cut to a B&W clip or something.

There seems to be a part at the very end where the clip jumps.

This is nitpicking.... The audio was good, the shots were good, the story was good... I also thought the timing was great as well. Not to long, but not to short.

Steve

Jaime Espiritu July 5th, 2009 11:25 AM

First Wedding Trailer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams (Post 1167387)
You told the story of them being in love. So the story line is there, and thats important.

The one thing that was most distracting to me was the lack of use of a tripod or mono-pod. I learned how nice just a simple shot could be with the camera mounted down and no fancy stuff going on from others on this board. Not everything should be handheld and not everything should be shot from a tripod, you need a mix.

I didn't like (but not dislike) the lowering of the opacity when they were talking about each other. I think you could have probably pulled that off in a different way. Just a normal cut to a B&W clip or something.

Steve

Thanks for the tips. On the day of the shooting, the wind picked up fast and I didn't have a monopod with me. I was struggling to fight the wind AND keep steady at the same time. The wind at the San Francisco Bay was feeling like 30 mph. (I thought it would be calm but I was wrong)

I didn't notice the opacity problem so I'll pay attention to my camera settings next time.

Stephen J. Williams July 5th, 2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaime Espiritu (Post 1167420)

I didn't notice the opacity problem so I'll pay attention to my camera settings next time.

Jaime...

I meant the dropping and raising of the opacity of the clip... Fading in and out essentially. It wasn't the way you shot it.

Steve