DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   A different twist on a "Love Story" (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/238578-different-twist-love-story.html)

Joel Campos July 7th, 2009 06:16 AM

A different twist on a "Love Story"

We recently crafted this feature for a couple and presented it along with their SDE during their reception.

We took a different approach for their interview and also weaved in some fun sequences with their friends.

Jeremy + Pam :: Wedding Story Feature (Love Story) on Vimeo

Thanks for watching!

Stephen J. Williams July 7th, 2009 09:06 AM

joel...

What a production. That was awesome. I didn't get a chance to watch the entire thing since I have to go to work. I got about 8min into it, i'll finish it up when I get back.
This was perfectly emulated from a reality TV show. You did an awesome job from the very start of your production.
I really enjoyed this....

Steve

Joel Campos July 10th, 2009 02:19 AM

Thanks Stephen! I appreciate your comments! We definitely were blessed to have a couple that was willing to give us the creative freedom to do something like this.

Susanto Widjaja July 10th, 2009 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joel Campos (Post 1169683)
Thanks Stephen! I appreciate your comments! We definitely were blessed to have a couple that was willing to give us the creative freedom to do something like this.

I think its the other way around. The client should be thankful that they got a hard-working aesthetic videographer rather than uncle-bob-who-still-charges-for-the-bad-job

there's a lot of work there, props to u making it happen. lighting was nicely set up during bbq. well done.

Santo

Lukas Siewior July 10th, 2009 06:44 AM

Great job, Joel. It's nice to see different approach to the topic. I love it all, but maybe it's a little to long? But in such cases it's very hard to judge because it's a custom work - customer decides if it is or not long enough - no us :-)

Susanto Widjaja July 10th, 2009 07:08 AM

yea i thought its too long as well, but hey, i think the client must've loved it anyways. its documentary style, not a highlight. so I guess its ok.

Joel Campos July 11th, 2009 02:10 AM

I too did feel like the pacing in certain areas could have been refined and things shortened...but ultimately we had to hit home certain points the couple felt were really important to them...thus we compromised in the length of the video but in the end everyone was happy and we had a captive audience of 500 people experiencing a video feature that they've never seen at a wedding before. Everyone except the couple were expecting to see another slideshow...even the DJ/ emcee introduced it as a slideshow. At the end of the night he came up to us raving about the feature and we (kindly) corrected him about the "slideshow" label. We all had a good laugh. In the end it was good exposure for us and a "feel good" experience for everyone else in the room.

There is definitely room for improvement and i appreciate your thoughts and comments. =)

as we say here in the islands...mahalo (ma-ha-low) or thanks!

KathyRitondo July 12th, 2009 01:38 PM

Joel,
I enjoyed the piece very much. I especially loved the opening bbq surprise where the bride and groom introduce the bridal party. I have long thought the introduction by the dj of the names of the bridal party, just not enough to let people know who they are and why they are important to the couple. I'm glad they enjoyed it. I know the guests loved it.