DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   highlights clips (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/239323-highlights-clips.html)

Vito DeFilippo July 19th, 2009 10:54 PM

highlights clips

Hey all,

Didn't get much response from my last clip, but I'm a sucker for punishment.

This is the highlights from the same wedding as the last three postings:

http://www.nosmallroles.com/dr_highlights_H264.mov

I played around with masking a bit, and thought it turned out nicely.

That's it for this wedding! I thought it might be interesting to post several sections, but maybe it's overload.

Anyway, any feedback greatly appreciated as usual.

Cheers!

Matt Barwick July 21st, 2009 12:28 AM

Hey Vito,

Would love to check this out. Is there any chance you could upload it to vimeo/exposure room or similar?

I just have a preference to watch videos streaming rather than having the download box pop up with 30Mb to download - could just be personal preference I guess.

Vito DeFilippo July 21st, 2009 06:51 AM

Matt,

You mean it doesn't stream for you? Maybe that's why no one is commenting. I thought perhaps it just sucked.

What browser are you using? On Firefox it plays right away for me.

I'll see what I can do with Vimeo or something.

Thanks,
Vito

Stephen J. Williams July 21st, 2009 09:52 AM

ciao vito...

The video played fine for me on my browser, Safari... I really liked how you cropped the shots. But it didn't look right when the full image was coming into view. It looks much better when you transition from the full image to the cropped image. Still thought it looked cool though.

Steve

Michael Ojjeh July 21st, 2009 03:02 PM

[QUOTE=Stephen J. Williams;
It looks much better when you transition from the full image to the cropped image. /QUOTE]

I agree with Stephen on the cropped image. Also I think it was used too many times it lost its effect and became predictable.

Vito DeFilippo July 21st, 2009 09:37 PM

Hi Matt,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Barwick (Post 1174318)
Would love to check this out. Is there any chance you could upload it to vimeo/exposure room or similar?

Here you go. My first posting on Vimeo:

Domenica and Robert Highlights on Vimeo

Hope you like it!

Vito DeFilippo July 21st, 2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Ojjeh (Post 1174641)
I agree with Stephen on the cropped image. Also I think it was used too many times it lost its effect and became predictable.

Oh, well. You win some, you lose some. Back to the drawing board!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated as always.

Matt Barwick July 27th, 2009 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito DeFilippo (Post 1174790)
Hi Matt,

Here you go. My first posting on Vimeo:

Domenica and Robert Highlights on Vimeo

Hope you like it!

Hey Vito,

My bad with the streaming. FF was set to download it by default, but pasting the URL into quicktime streamed it perfectly.

I did like the piece! It felt like it had a very 'traditional' wedding video feel to it - if there is such a thing any more. Having the entire clip in B&W worked too.

I do like seeing something new and I think the masking idea worked well for the most part. Only comment would be that it was a little over-used by the end. Ditto for the slo-mo.

Few nitpicky things that could've put polish on it - there was also a couple of jumpy zoom shots and the church shot at 1:47 could've benefited by being locked down. There was also a side profile shot of the bride in prep that didn't look very flattering.

Anyway - they're my humble thoughts only. Overall no doubt it's a beautiful memory for the couple! Good job.

Cheers,

Matt.

Vito DeFilippo July 31st, 2009 03:24 PM

Hey Matt,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Barwick (Post 1177138)
My bad with the streaming. FF was set to download it by default, but pasting the URL into quicktime streamed it perfectly.

No worries. Got me off my butt to get Vimeo going, anyway.

Quote:

Anyway - they're my humble thoughts only. Overall no doubt it's a beautiful memory for the couple! Good job.
Thanks a million for checking it out, and for the great feedback!

Cheers,
Vito