DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   A 'Movie' Trailer (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/239584-movie-trailer.html)

Ian Lim July 23rd, 2009 10:27 AM

A 'Movie' Trailer

Memoires - Trailer on Vimeo

We shot this for a couple few months ago. The full version is currently in post production. Enjoy! ^0^

Richard Wakefield July 23rd, 2009 10:34 AM

brilliant, superb, excellent etc etc etc

we expect nothing less of you Ian :)

John De Rienzo July 23rd, 2009 10:56 AM

mmmm...not sure about this one! I personally found the clips jarring with the music selection. Maybe I'm wrong but it felt awkward.

What it does say is how we all see things so differently!

Thx for sharing though.

Cheers.

Susanto Widjaja July 23rd, 2009 09:34 PM

I instantly thought "5D it is..."

nice shots there no doubt about it.

I think the cuts are too fast though.. even for trailer.

say hello to mei for me please... :)

Santo

Ian Lim July 27th, 2009 09:10 AM

Points taken, guys! :D

Any other critics or inputs would be highly appreciated and useful for the finalization. Thanks for watching!

Stephen J. Williams July 27th, 2009 11:34 AM

Ian...

Amazing shots... Well composed... I loved the visuals throughout the entire video.
The only thing I didn't really pick up on was the "story". So I guess you could say I somewhat agree with John..

The clips individually blew me away!!

Steve

Patrick Moreau July 27th, 2009 07:47 PM

hey ian,

some nice looking shots in there but it didn't make me want to see the whole piece, and of course i would think that is your number one objective. the fast cutting didn't bother me so much, it was probably the lack of some sort of narrative or voice over to make it more coherent. a think a couple well placed lines could tie so much together.

the weddingclip.net overlay looked super cheap to me - but i would also say that 'weddingclip.net' as a title isn't overly appealing, in conjunction with the position within the film.

i think you have a ton here to work with though. a little more cc work and some cohesion and i think this could be off the charts.

P.

Raphael Jamil Pranga July 28th, 2009 08:02 AM

hey Ian! it's been a while since i last posted here in dvinfo. Really enjoyed watching this one!
Patrick has a point though but still, great work! Looking forward in meeting you face to face this December! ^_^

Ian Lim July 28th, 2009 08:19 AM

Super cheap, eh Patrick? :D

I assume you're fully understood that the 'weddingclip.net' overlay is just a watermark to prevent vids stealing (because it's frequently happening to us). I understand completely that the 'position' is not appealing at all. We used to put smaller watermark and far below position. But later, some local 'videographers' downloaded our vids, cropped almost half of the resolution, re-rendered them (put their company's name, of course) and doing business before we caught 'em in the act :D

Anyway, all points are really well taken and very constructive, despite of the 'straight-to-the-point' words you're using :D Thanks a lot for watching!

Ian Lim July 28th, 2009 08:20 AM

@Fiel: whoa fiel! Can't wait either to meet you guys! :D :D

Patrick Moreau August 2nd, 2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Lim (Post 1177700)
Super cheap, eh Patrick? :D

yes, super cheap. i chose my words carefully but wanted to express what i saw. we too have tons that is downloaded, stolen, copied etc but i've never considered watermarking them to prevent it. i guess it could work in two ways; other companies stop downloading and stealing your work, or couples don't dig the new style and you don't get booked, therefore having no new work to even be copied. either way, problem solved :)

i'm just joking of course but i do think there has got to be a better way. your compositions are far to strong to let something like that take them down a notch, know what i mean.

P.

Kevin Shahinian August 4th, 2009 09:22 PM

Ian,

Allow me to hold you to a higher standard. You've got sharp imagery & solid cinematography... But I have to say the rapid series of cuts bothered me. Granted it was a stylistic commitment on your part, but it was jarring for me personally. I also agree that the watermark weakens the piece.

Ian Lim August 5th, 2009 01:29 AM

@Kevin @Patrick: It's really an honor to have great tips/inputs and honest opinions from the best wedding videographers in the universe! :D Your points are well taken and like I said before, they're very constructive. I will post another videos in the future, of course, and still expecting your priceless inputs! Thanks a lot!