DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   My first 5DM2 Wedding Highlight (prevew) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/239586-my-first-5dm2-wedding-highlight-prevew.html)

Michael Padilla July 23rd, 2009 11:10 AM

My first 5DM2 Wedding

This is some footage from this weekend with the 5DM2.. great camera!

Ethel + Amaka: Highlight Preview 100% 5D on Vimeo

Osmany Tellez July 23rd, 2009 05:47 PM

that's great work.

Your video was a pleasure to watch, thanks for sharing.

If you don't mind I wanted to ask you a couple of questions.

I got the 5d and a couple of lenses, the cheap 50mm/1.8 and an an 24-85/3.5 4.5. I was thinking on getting a fisheye and saw you had it in your video. Although I think I only saw one shot with fisheye. Do you think is a good lense to have? do you consider it very usefull.
Can't decide if i should get fisheye or something else.

Also, were you using a shoulder mount with your 5d?

Thanks a lot for sharing your work. good luck with everything.

O

Michael Padilla July 24th, 2009 10:53 AM

Yes I love the fisheye.. I didn't use it much at this event, but there are some specialty shots that I use it for. See my website and look for the fisheye shots; there not with the 5D but my future shots will be.. the trick is keeping it steady since there is no IS.

I did use a shoulder rig when using my 50mm and fisheye. Cavision kit (rails/handlbars/shoulder pad).. its a great deal at only $200. I also purchased a Follow Focus system from indieFocus.. however admit-ably looking back its a little expensive for the build quality; parts broke down on me over the weekend during the shoot, never happy about that :(

If I was using an IS lens (24-105) I would be able to use it handheld without trouble; also use that lens for all the steadicam shots.

I think canon needs to add IS to all the lenses now that were shooting video; or add it to the camera body like Sony does.

Stephen J. Williams July 24th, 2009 11:41 AM

michael...

great work... I enjoyed watching the entire video. I thought you set up some really nice shots in there. The lighting from the reception looked great as well.. What kind of light were you using on the stands off the floor?
The song fit the piece real well... made it fun and entertaining.

It might have added to the video a little bit if you put in the audio from the speech.

Steve

Michael Padilla July 24th, 2009 12:15 PM

Yes I totally agree about the audio.. its funny i'm actually not one to use real audio much but this is really a new bread of wedding highlight music video where I think the audio really comes into play; ie StillMotion. And that's our target at this point :)

I am definitely going to be adding an audio layer to the track when I finish it; I put this edit together in a matter of (2-3 hours?) Which may be normal for some but is superfast for me (don't care for the post production end.. I like shooting) so even my highlight edits, when I really take care to do them the way I want to.. they end up taking me forever. Finding audio to add to build the story (other than the vows) I think is great.. but another task in the post production end.

I'll probably post this edit again when I put cuts on the music and include audio and angles from my other cameras.

Thanks for the comments! Much appreciated!

Oh, does the sequence of events through you off..?
I usually go sequentially from beginning to end. When my wife watched the video she said she wasn't sure about that and didn't understand why it jumped around so much.

Stephen J. Williams July 24th, 2009 12:34 PM

didn't throw me off.... I used to edit in the order the day was shot. But that makes everything one dimensional and too predictable. I like mixing it up and working my way back to a common theme throughout. ie, the ceremony.

I really didn't even notice that you were jumping around until you mentioned it.

Steve

Osmany Tellez July 24th, 2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Padilla (Post 1176086)
Yes I totally agree about the audio.. its funny i'm act
Oh, does the sequence of events through you off..?
I usually go sequentially from beginning to end. When my wife watched the video she said she wasn't sure about that and didn't understand why it jumped around so much.

Thats actually one of my favorite thing of your video. I have been thinking in doing something out of order but wasn't sure if it'll work but after i saw your video I thought it really worked out great...love it. the music was great..fun..happy..and the edit sameway.

Do you mind me asking more. been using 5d handheld and i must upgrade...did you said only $200? are you happy with it?

is it this one you were talking about?

Cavision Standard Shoulder Pad Package for DSLR Cameras / 5D MII

thanks for your help.
O

Michael Padilla July 24th, 2009 06:30 PM

I probably would have purchased one of those if they were available.. but no one had them yet.

I got this: Cavision RS1580D-SPE

I liked the price since the shoulder mount and the handle bars individually cost you almost the same as this package. I did however ditch the camera mount for another one I already had that raised the camera up a bit. I don't think its totally necessary, but for the FFocus I had it worked better lifted (however a dual battery grip for the 5D would do the same thing).

So far I'm very happy with it, it stabilized my shots quite a bit and the unit itself is very lightweight which is important.