I hope I can film a wedding like this one day!! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old July 24th, 2009, 12:01 PM  
I hope I can film a wedding like this one day!!
Stephen J. Williams Stephen J. Williams is offline July 24th, 2009, 12:01 PM

If you haven't seen this it's pretty funny and well thought out.

YouTube - JK Wedding Entrance Dance

steve

Stephen J. Williams
Major Player
Views: 4153
Old July 26th, 2009, 04:32 AM   #16
Equal Opportunity Offender

Some of us might think that the choreography needs work, but being a non choreography- minded person I can't tell the difference unless it is pointed out. I just enjoyed what they did, even if the video recording was amateur.

If anything, this is another lesson in "content is king".

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 07:30 AM   #17
Regular Crew

As an update, this video now has a link to purchase "Forever" on iTunes. Obviously the money earning opportunity has been embraced by recording artist's company.

I read one commenter's reply that said something to the effect of, thank you for resurrecting Chris Brown's career.

I have nothing at all to do with this - I'm just a casual observer and think it's interesting from the standpoint of when copyright infringement becomes a bonus for the infringed upon. How many times does this happen? And did the endorsement of this video by Chris Brown's people come before or after it was shown on CNN and the Today Show?

Should I start a new thread somewhere to generate any discussion? If so, where?
Denise Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #18
Trustee

this is priceless!
but if that would be my job, I'd arrange 3 cams and steadicam.
Old July 26th, 2009, 05:49 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise Wall View Post
As an update, this video now has a link to purchase "Forever" on iTunes. Obviously the money earning opportunity has been embraced by recording artist's company.

I read one commenter's reply that said something to the effect of, thank you for resurrecting Chris Brown's career.

I have nothing at all to do with this - I'm just a casual observer and think it's interesting from the standpoint of when copyright infringement becomes a bonus for the infringed upon. How many times does this happen? And did the endorsement of this video by Chris Brown's people come before or after it was shown on CNN and the Today Show?

Should I start a new thread somewhere to generate any discussion? If so, where?

awesome point....
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 06:50 PM   #20
Trustee

You're only young and stupid once, why not go for it? I loved the obvious non-dancers attempting it for their friends.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:19 PM   #21
Trustee

Is it just me or did the "video guy" screw up the aspect ratio on this?
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:09 PM   #22
Inner Circle

yup, not someone familiar with proper rendering either, but who's counting, he got more views than most of us combined <wink>!

It definitely helps when you have content, this was a lot easier to make interesting than the "average" wedding!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2009, 12:59 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Awesome Video!

And no, I'm not talking in terms of videography of course. For those that are wondering why this has so many hits from such an amateur-ish video prospective, remember, that's what youtube is. Honestly, if it was shot from a pro, it may or may not have gotten all the hits and publicity. It just might have looked too staged and got passed over. But honestly, who knows. The 'Uncle Bob' cam really gives it that spur of the moment feel.

As for the copyright, record companies use 3rd party software to detect use of their music on youtube. Through youtube, the record companies inform the poster. One of two things happen. Either it gets yanked (and that's the end of it), or the poster is informed that the record label now has the right to advertise on their video. The latter is what has happened in this case. It looks to be working out great. No one needs to go to court and the record labels get another place to advertise.
Tim Harjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2009, 04:45 AM   #24
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Barnett View Post
Ehh, can't say I'm much of a fan. Do that stuff at the reception entrance, not the ceremony. I guess they didn't get the memo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald Labrador View Post
I'm surprised the church actually let them do this. Or maybe they didn't know this was going to happen. Either way, it just seems to lose the sanctity of the wedding ceremony.
Shees you are a bunch of sour pusses. I loved this video! Absolutely brilliant!!!
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:11 PM   #25
Inner Circle

I just saw the video and I cannot believe they did not hire a videographer. Unbelievable.

It is a great idea for a video. But it is not a great video, it is absolutely horrible in every sense of the word.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:22 PM   #26
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas de Kock View Post
Shees you are a bunch of sour pusses. I loved this video! Absolutely brilliant!!!
you said it the way I wanted to.

Quote:
I just saw the video and I cannot believe they did not hire a videographer. Unbelievable.
When I got married 4 years ago (today) there was no way on earth we could have afforded even a crappy videographer so maybe these happy people were in the same boat. Not everyone needs or wants a videographer.

Quote:
It is a great idea for a video. But it is not a great video, it is absolutely horrible in every sense of the word.
There is just a tiny outside chance they didn't do it for the video but for the guests, the memories, and for the fun of it.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2009, 02:10 PM   #27
Inner Circle

Put another way:

The subject matter was entertaining.

The video sucked eggs. It was a home movie that made people smile.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2009, 03:35 PM   #28
Major Player

That was cool. In fact, I found it more moving and enjoyable than many multi-camera wedding videos that I've seen with slick boom/steadi-cam/glide track camera moves, shallow DOF and a sh*tload of CC on top.
Old July 29th, 2009, 06:01 PM   #29
Inner Circle

Take aways, for pro or amateur alike -
1. Good content beats bad camera work... sigh.
2. It's always more fun when shooting good content/fun people!
3. Always be prepared for ANYTHING if you're shooting a wedding... they aren't all the same, 'cause people are different!

Personally I'd rather work with a couple with some imagination and "pizzaz" - I want to end up capturing something that still has validity on the 25th (and the 50th!) wedding aniversary if at all possible - it might not be perfect or artsy, but if you push to get good clean shots and a clean edit, it's always nice to have good "talent" to shoot too!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2009, 07:28 AM   #30
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Blackhurst View Post
Good content beats bad camera work...
That sums it up nicely.

I firmly believe if this group had a pro videographer with three cameras and choreography, this would be just another of millions of average videos on YouTube with a couple hundred views. Why? Because it would have lacked the spontaneous energy and realism.

Also, I don't think it falls into the "Uncle Bob" category. "Uncle Bob" is usually asked to shoot and thinks he knows what he's doing. This was obviously shot by a guest in his seat who happened to bring his handicam.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery