DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Same Day Edit to share! Debut of the 5D MKII!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/240238-same-day-edit-share-debut-5d-mkii.html)

Ram Purad August 3rd, 2009 12:31 PM

Same Day Edit to share! Debut of the 5D MKII!!

Continuing with our "debut" series, 5D MKII made its debut for the wedding we covered past weekend. All the bridal prep and ceremony shots that you see in this SDE are shot by 5D MKII (what an awesome VIDEO camera this is). Other cameras used are XH-A1 and Z7U. One of the challenges we faced was colour matching the footage from all three cameras. Since it was an SDE, there wasn't much time to refine it.

Your comments are appreciated as always. Thank you.

Naretha & Ravi :: SDE! on Vimeo

Kren Barnes August 3rd, 2009 02:17 PM

Ram ,

your videos are magnificent! keep it up man! 5d mark II rocks!

ken
Vertical Video Works | Official Site

Ram Purad August 4th, 2009 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kren Barnes (Post 1180403)
Ram ,

your videos are magnificent! keep it up man! 5d mark II rocks!

ken
Vertical Video Works | Official Site

Ken,

Glad to know you liked the clip.

5D rocks indeed. In terms picture quality and low light performance, it definitely left other two cameras in the dust. Its hard to look at the LCD of the other cameras after shooting with 5D for a while.

Carl Wilky August 4th, 2009 09:23 AM

I thought it was a solid SDE. Good mixture of shots and music fit well.

Like you mentioned, you can see the differences in camera shots with regards to color grading. The 5D has a higher leve of contrast than the other cameras you used.

My favorite part was the photo session in the barn.

Well done.

Ram Purad August 6th, 2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Wilky (Post 1180738)
I thought it was a solid SDE. Good mixture of shots and music fit well.

Like you mentioned, you can see the differences in camera shots with regards to color grading. The 5D has a higher leve of contrast than the other cameras you used.

My favorite part was the photo session in the barn.

Well done.

Thanks for the feedback Carl.

Point well taken about colour matching. Extra care will be taken with color matching in the future when different cameras are used.

Barn scene is my fav as well. It was a fun group to work with, but it took ever to get the attention of all 25 people at once to compose a shot.

Welcome any other feedback on this piece.

Bryan Gilchrist August 11th, 2009 08:02 AM

The audio from your clients sounded a little loud and with the music was hard to understand. Best to bring the music track down a bit when there is other audio to be heard.

Also, a lot of the audio, especially parts of the song (the low end), sounded over modulated.

The video side of it looks very good, though! :)