DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   My Parents - a 50 Year Love Story (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/260450-my-parents-50-year-love-story.html)

Matthew Ebenezer August 9th, 2009 08:30 PM

My Parents - a 50 Year Love Story

Over the weekend, on August the 8th, 2009 - my parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.

This 'love story' clip was played at their anniversary party and is made up of recent interviews with my parents plus some old and new photographs.

It was a great honour to witness Mum and Dad renewing their vows. As a recently married guy, I found those promises all the more powerful in the light of the 50 years they have spent together. I know that my parents have lived up to and through each and every promise they made to each other on their wedding day.

for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, honour, and cherish, 'til death do us part. They all take on new meaning after 50 years.

Check out the clip on our blog here: Shadowplay Blog Matt’s Parents - a 50 Year Love Story

Cheers,

Matthew.

Matt Barwick August 10th, 2009 04:00 AM

Hey Matthew,

Great job. I've been considering doing a similar thing for my parents over the last couple of years so was interesting to see how you approached it. Must have got a fantastic reception and what a precious, precious thing for them to have - both now and for the future.

I like the mix of interview/old photos/new images and thought the ratio of each was spot on. So too were the 'period' song choices.

Some of the audio with your Mum was a bit noisy which I'm guessing was from the 5Ds onboard mic? In any case the quality of the content far outweighed any tech. stuff.

Beautiful work and thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Matt.

P.S. Favourite line by your Mum..."what's-his-name-Bryce" :D

Matthew Ebenezer August 10th, 2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Barwick (Post 1203880)
Hey Matthew,

Great job. I've been considering doing a similar thing for my parents over the last couple of years so was interesting to see how you approached it. Must have got a fantastic reception and what a precious, precious thing for them to have - both now and for the future.

I like the mix of interview/old photos/new images and thought the ratio of each was spot on. So too were the 'period' song choices.

Some of the audio with your Mum was a bit noisy which I'm guessing was from the 5Ds onboard mic? In any case the quality of the content far outweighed any tech. stuff.

Beautiful work and thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Matt.

P.S. Favourite line by your Mum..."what's-his-name-Bryce" :D

Hey Matt! Thanks heaps for watching and for your kind words and feedback.

Yeah, we filmed in our shop-front/studio which is right next to quite a busy road. I was actually impressed with how well the 5D audio did under those circumstances. The sensitivity of the wireless mic might have been a bit hot so I'll probably reduce it next time.

It was fun filming these interviews with Mum and Dad, plus taking some photos of them. The video went down a treat at their engagement party for sure!

Cheers,

Matthew.

Kenzie delaTorre August 11th, 2009 06:41 AM

Matt,

Wow, how touching!
Sorry, I could not think technical because the content and overall documentary was great!
I can watch it again and look for technical stuff if you want.

I hope we all can enjoy 50+ years of marriage!

Great job on it! and thank you for sharing!

Matthew Ebenezer August 11th, 2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzie delaTorre (Post 1208398)
Matt,

Wow, how touching!
Sorry, I could not think technical because the content and overall documentary was great!
I can watch it again and look for technical stuff if you want.

I hope we all can enjoy 50+ years of marriage!

Great job on it! and thank you for sharing!

Hi Kenzie,

Thanks for checking it out. No need for you to spend any extra time critiquing this one. The main thing I'd change is to do something about the reflection in my parent's glasses. If anyone has any tips for filming people with glasses that'd be great. My wife Katie mentioned one trick is to get the person to tilt their glasses up at the back. I did the interviews in quite a hurry so I'll have to remember that for next time :)

I'm glad the spirit of the piece connected with you.

Cheers!

Matthew.