DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Hot Girls and Bud light lime Video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/270719-hot-girls-bud-light-lime-video.html)

David Mathew Bonner August 12th, 2009 01:12 PM

Hot Girls and Bud light lime Video

Here is a video I produced for Bud Light lime. It was from a launch party they held over the weekend.
I shot this with the canon mark 2 and provided both stills and video to the client. This was my first time working with the camera and I only had a couple of days to figure it out

The video had to go through so many teams of lawyers to make sure there was no signs of consumption in any of the footage. Here is the final results

One side note - this was all shot hand held.

dmbvp.com Blog Archive Bud Light Lime Promo

enjoy

Don Bloom August 12th, 2009 01:21 PM

So David, it kinda looked 1 of your old wedding videos. Or maybe your old wedding vids looked like this;-)

I can always tell DMBs style and you know I am a fan. Nice job especially since you had little or no time to play with the camera.
Who did the opening and closing graphics? Did they supply them to you or did you do them in AE?

Anyway nice job.

David Mathew Bonner August 12th, 2009 01:31 PM

Thanks Don. What a long strange trip its been :)

I am beginning to accept that my videos are fun. I have fun making them, shooting them, editing them, selling them..and so on... The end results always seem to be fun. I guess dmb spells fun :)

P.s
They sent me the logos to use. I was really happy with the photos I took as well.
I will be posting some later on my blog.

Jim Snow August 12th, 2009 03:52 PM

It's nice to see a 5D MkII video that doesn't overuse shallow DOF and focus transitions. You've taken it beyond the new toy stage. Nicely done.

Vince Lucena August 12th, 2009 04:19 PM

Bet you had a blast shooting, great to have people move with the cam... :-)

Did you also do the Graphics?

David Mathew Bonner August 12th, 2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Snow (Post 1214412)
It's nice to see a 5D MkII video that doesn't overuse shallow DOF and focus transitions. You've taken it beyond the new toy stage. Nicely done.

ha, thx...but to be honest, I was just shooting safe. Too much action and not comfortable with the camera enough to do video with a shallow dof. I did take a number of photos with the 70-200 lens, but not vid.

David Mathew Bonner August 12th, 2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Lucena (Post 1214526)
Bet you had a blast shooting, great to have people move with the cam... :-)

Did you also do the Graphics?

Thanks Vince, I almost had as much fun shooting as my subject did being shot :)

I was given the graphics to use but it was on sd dvd. I had to create a way to use them so I decided to blend them into the opening shot the way I did.

Jason Robinson August 12th, 2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Mathew Bonner (Post 1213928)
The video had to go through so many teams of lawyers to make sure there was no signs of consumption in any of the footage. Here is the final results

OIdd. so even though the video is about a beer, you can't actually have a shot of anyone drinking the product? But you can show people holding beers, pouring beers, etc? crazy.

Simon Denny August 12th, 2009 08:31 PM

Looks great,
The more is see what this camera is able to do I want one but will have to wait untill 25p becomes available.

What were the biggest chalenges with the 5D?
How did you focus on the run?
How did you expose on the run?
one more.... what lens did you use.

Sorry for the questions.

David Mathew Bonner August 12th, 2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Robinson (Post 1214973)
OIdd. so even though the video is about a beer, you can't actually have a shot of anyone drinking the product? But you can show people holding beers, pouring beers, etc? crazy.

and you cant show half empty glasses or any signs of consumption, you cant show people doing something that takes skill with a drink in their hands..cant show drinking.. weird rules

Stelios Christofides August 12th, 2009 11:28 PM

David
How did the beer taste at least?

Stelios

David Mathew Bonner August 12th, 2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Ash (Post 1215205)
Looks great,
The more is see what this camera is able to do I want one but will have to wait untill 25p becomes available.

What were the biggest chalenges with the 5D?

Sorry for the questions.

What were the biggest challenges with the 5D?
just getting use to it...and editing on a pc - the codec is not a good one for editing with. I had to find a work flow and it was a slow process to edit
Ive been shooting manual all my video life (10 years) so it wasn't a big deal
same as above. to change on the fly and working in live preview mode and what you see is what you get, wasn't a big deal. Second nature
mostly a 17-35, easier to keep the action in focus

don't be sorry for the questions - that's what a forum is for ;)

David Mathew Bonner August 12th, 2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stelios Christofides (Post 1215750)
David
How did the beer taste at least?

Stelios

ha
never tried one but people say its good :)