DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Morning of the bride, Eye Candy with Jerry Ghionis :) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/386811-morning-bride-eye-candy-jerry-ghionis.html)

Oleg Kalyan September 11th, 2009 01:59 PM

Morning of the bride, Eye Candy with Jerry Ghionis :)

I had a priviledge to work with this guy, and it was a blast!!!

for your attention a little of an eye candy, short clip, about 2 min.

???? ?????? - ????. - ???? ?????? ???????, ??????? ? ????????????????? ?????! "???? ???????" 2 ???. ? ?????? :))

direct link,
Bride's morning, featuring Jerry Ghionis :) By Oleg Kalyan On ExposureRoom

Don Bloom September 11th, 2009 02:07 PM

I watch your stuff and never comment, why, it's great stuff BUT this was without question, The BEST! I liked everything about it especialy the end shot. The candles going out was mind blowing.

I have to ask, how long were you with them for this shoot and when is HE coming to Chicago? This looks like a guy I'd love to work with.

Again, awesome job.

Matthew Craggs September 11th, 2009 02:31 PM

I second - all of your stuff is great but this one stands out. The most impressive part was the use of audio.

I tend to try and stay away from the photographers sessions because video for me is more about the putting on the jewelry, lacing up the dress, getting the makeup on kind of stuff, not about shooting over the photographers shoulders and getting boring shots of people posing. But with this clip you have changed the way I think about shooting the photo sessions.

There is an incredible amount of energy in this piece, but the best part was that it made the bride look and feel like a supermodel, and if you can make the bride feel great about herself then you are doing your job.

I also wanted to comment about the shot at 1:13. You can see her pupil change shape. Amazing detail. I LOVE it.

Noa Put September 11th, 2009 02:40 PM

How do you plan a shoot like this, do you all already know how you are going to deal with it during the editing and adapt your shooting style to that? As much as I liked this one I liked "Straight to No.1 :) B edit" even better, that was fun to watch. If you"ll ever doing a shoot in Belgium let me know, I'd love to follow you around whole day to see you in action. :)

Dimitris Mantalias September 11th, 2009 04:47 PM

Emmm, I have to say that this is the best bridal photosession I can remember watching! The camera work and especially the editing are absolutely top-notch. So many thanks for sharing!

(I finally managed to watch it since my Internet lags like hell today. It was worth every second).

Bill Vincent September 11th, 2009 05:25 PM

Oleg, this is wonderful. Deanna and I watched this and immediately saw the sheer number of different shots Jerry (and you) achieved with the bride. We didn't feel like we got enough shots of the bride on our Sunday shoot, and this definitely gives us inspiration and shows what can be accomplished. Wow. Beautiful work!

Matt Barwick September 11th, 2009 05:38 PM

Wonderful work as always Oleg. So simple and yet so captivating.

I challenge someone to try and put your work/style in a box. Everything you produce is so refreshing, unique and you're constantly evolving. Great job.

Cheers,

Matt.

P.S. Nice to hear an Aussie accent too. :)

Simon Denny September 11th, 2009 08:09 PM

Love it.

Yes it's great to see an Aussie.
Was this a Canon 5D?

Rochelle Morris September 11th, 2009 11:25 PM

An awesome piece with so much detail.

I loved how you used Jerry's voice and interaction with the bride.

Yes, definitely great to see an Aussie

Rochelle

Travis Cossel September 12th, 2009 02:20 AM

Great stuff, Oleg. I love that you have your own style. Every choice you make seems driven by your style; music, movement, editing .. all of it. Keep it up!

Richard Wakefield September 12th, 2009 02:27 AM

love it, love it.

not even a criticism but i wonder if it might have looked even better with integrations of photos from Jerry, so the viewer can see the end result?

ur stuff is top notch, and i really love your editing style.

Stelios Christofides September 13th, 2009 12:33 AM

I am dreaming one day that I can produce videos like you Oleg. What can I say. You were born with talent.

Stelios

P.S. What editing software are you using Oleg?

John De Rienzo September 13th, 2009 10:00 AM

Hi Oleg,

Beautiful work. Love the style and emotion. Great mix of shots.

What more can I say....keep going. Pleasure to watch.

Cheers,

John De Rienzo.

Oleg Kalyan September 14th, 2009 08:33 AM

Thanks so much everyone, for such a nice words of encouragement! They mean a lot!

It's a pleasure to share my work with everyone, and if someone get an inspiration from it,
it's great!

Don,
I don't know when Jerry coming to Chicago, I know now he is on extensive trip in Asia.
We were you for this shoot all day, about 12 hours,
Jerry is the guy everyone would love to work with! So much energy!

Matthew,
most impressive part was the use of audio. Yes, his voice is something, isn't it?
the photographer's sessions, I agree, it can be a subject matter for a wedding film.
Getting, capturing "true" moments is the key imho, bits and pieces of pure emotional exchange!

Noa,
Sometimes I come to the shoot with specific idea, other timer it just happens, during editing process some things start to happen, to develop as photographers would say, in old days of film.
come by to Moscow, follow me whole day in action, that'd be fun :)

Dimitris

I love sharing work and ideas!

Bill,
Glad to have an inspiration on your wedding session. How did it go, hope better than
Jerry's and mine :)

Matt,
Thank you!

Simon,
Yes it's great to see an Aussie on a Russian land!
It was a Canon 5D

Rochelle
Jerry's voice and interaction with the bride is something special!

Travis,
""Every choice you make seems driven by your style; music, movement, editing .. all of it.""
Thank you, yes, and it comes from looking for something authentic in people in front of the camera!

Richard,

I agree, it will be better with integrations of photos from Jerry, hope to get them one day.
Probably after his trip!

Stelios,
We all were born with talent, it's a matter of practicing it!

John,

I will keep going, no other way around !

:)

Again, appreciate all the comments!

Oleg Kalyan September 14th, 2009 10:16 AM

Another good story would like to share:

When Jerry arrived to Moscow, his Airport International V2.0 Rolling Camera Bag Airport International? V 2.0 Roller - Think Tank got a broken wheel, and there was no way to fix it!
I could only find Airport Security V2.0 ( which I bought), but it happened to be a bit large.

So he gladly got my Airport International V2.0 which was almost new for the full price,and I got left with two Bags, one brand new one, and another Jerry's.

In a few days, the only place in Moscow that sells ThinkTank gear fixed it, put a set of new wheels.

Wow! I dicided to auction it to the benefit of the Russian orphanage that I help.
???? ?????? - ????. - ??? ??? ????????? 1 ???. ? 5???. ????? Ostashkovo orphanage

Sure enough there was a lot of interest, and we collected $280 to benefit this charity.

That's the story! :)