DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Most touching wedding trailer.. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/462760-most-touching-wedding-trailer.html)

Susanto Widjaja October 1st, 2009 07:36 PM

Most touching wedding trailer..

Hi there guys,

Its been quiet a while since I last posted my work. This time I'd like to share this recent film that I did. This wedding is definitely the most touching wedding that I've been to..

Its very hard editing this piece. Because everything is so beautiful, I find it hard not to include everything hence, the result is a bit messy.. too much information. But, heck with it.. I just want everyone to see how true love can still be around this time round.

Here is the link for the trailer:
Pat & Ley Cinematic Wedding Trailer

The groom has been chasing the bride for 2 years straight bringing her bubble tea and barbeque chicken every weekend to the shop she's working in. Please have a look at their prewedding film here for some background story:

Prewedding film "Bubble Tea"
Pat & Ley Prewedding film

Mind the camera shake, my eyes were watery in some points... :P

Jim Snow October 1st, 2009 09:42 PM

Great work! I think the feeling that you are able to put into your work is the reason that you do such a great job. I'm sure the couple will cherish it. There many many things that I liked but let me just comment on one. The shot in the love story starting at 1:12 where Pat puts the drinks on the counter repeatedly before Ley finally accepted one. What a great way to paint a picture of persistence - nice touch!

Lukas Siewior October 2nd, 2009 05:32 AM

great videos!! but what i like the most is the couple and the amount of feelings they generate. I wish I could find a couple like that - recently I have no luck with my customers.

Bill Vincent October 4th, 2009 05:44 PM

Hi Susanto,

First of all, your shots are beautiful, your work is excellent, you capture and amplify the emotions, and it flows really well. The only negative in my opinion is that it's too long for my taste. For a trailer, I don't want to sit through much of anything over three minutes - just my personal preference. It's probably from cutting clips for mobile phones for so long - I tend to edit with the philosophy that anything that can be cut to five minutes is twice as good in three... ;)

Anyway, great job, I really did love the overall flow and beauty of your shots.

Monday Isa October 5th, 2009 09:45 AM

Susanto fabulous job. Really enjoyed it. Was a little long for a trailer :p but kept me hooked. The one thing that was very bothersome was during the reception with the entrance. You could see your shadow cast from the lights. What you do. Thanks for sharing,

Susanto Widjaja October 6th, 2009 07:59 AM

Thank you!

LOL, nice comments guys

@Jim: yea I loved that too, thanks for pointing that out :0

@Lukas: Sweet couple aren't they! I'm sure the good ones will come to you soon hahaha :)

@Bill: Thanks for your kind words! I know what you guys mean by "trailer" but what I mean here by trailer is more of a short highlight. I use the word "trailer" only as a selling point to my clients. about the duration, I couldn't agree more with you. 3 minutes is a good duration. This one is much longer just because I simply couldn't help my self :P

@Monday:the light was from that damn spot light from the staging people. I put mine on the other side up high... o well... a bit of hint of what I look like won't hurt :P

Thank you so much again guys. had fun reading your comments :)

Santo