DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   coming soon (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/466817-coming-soon.html)

Dror Levi October 30th, 2009 01:01 PM

coming soon

OK, so this is the first time i am showing my work here, never had the guts to do so.
It just that I am very confused about this one.
Me personally really like it but I am getting different feedback from different people.
I would love to get your input.
This is a first story board movie that I did.
As much as i tried to direct it as I want it, the bride and groom are not actors.
anyhow, you be the judge.
Tatsiana and Jerry - Coming Soon By Dror Levi On ExposureRoom

Jim Snow October 30th, 2009 02:22 PM

You have some very nice shots in this piece. If you are attempting to convey that the couple was looking for each other for months, you didn't achieve that. There isn't anything to define the passage of months of time. It looks like they were anticipating getting together one morning and met later that day.

I believe what you have done is very good. To set this to transpire over a period of months is more ambitious. You may want to incorporate some shots that are used to clearly define the passage of time. For example shots that show the passage of seasons can be used. But that will be tough to do in a short piece without it looking contrived - or worse. You may well consider keeping it basically as you have it without suggesting that it transpires over months. It looks very nice in its current structure. You might break the mood if you try to incorporate shots that convey the passage of months of time.

I see that you color graded it to help establish a mood. Did you use Magic Bullet Looks? One thing you might consider is to change the mood color grading after they meet to a happier tone. This will help reinforce the joy of the moment. If you do that, you should do it subtly and gradually. It should be an imperceptible shift in mood color, not a sudden jolt.

Thanks for sharing this piece. It clearly shows that you have a lot of talent.

Stephen J. Williams October 30th, 2009 02:33 PM

Man I miss Miami...

Anyways... I shared the same thoughts as Jim. I didn't get the impression that they were separated for months. This would be a hard plot to create being that you live in a place that doesn't really have seasons. But you could have showed a couple scenes in-between what you have going through there normal lives without each other. Maybe one preparing to go to the beach following the other decorating a christmas tree or something.

All this being said. What you have is very nice. I love anytime when a story calls for some help from MB looks (which I agree with Jim that those were the filters you used). But I think the vignette was a little over done. I really liked the shots and the way the everything comes to an end.

Steve

Dror Levi October 30th, 2009 03:10 PM

Thank you for the input.
Jim. the story is actually something that came after I made the movie.
Couple month ago I heard this soundtrack and all those images came to my head.
I never wrote a script or a story board so all i did was writing a description of what I saw in my mind.
After finishing the video I tried to find an explanation to the viewer of what they are about to see (heads up)
Apparently my head up are not convening and I would love to hear some suggestion.

"I see that you color graded it to help establish a mood. Did you use Magic Bullet Looks? One thing you might consider is to change the mood color grading after they meet to a happier tone. This will help reinforce the joy of the moment. If you do that, you should do it subtly and gradually. It should be an imperceptible shift in mood color, not a sudden jolt.'

Yes I used Magic Bullet and I love your Idea of clanging the color after they meet.

Stephen.

I realized that at some shot I used allot of the vignette.
Originally we were suppose to start with the shooting around 5am but they arrived only around 7:30am. I tried to get darkness to the picture without darkening the subject.
I am still exploring magic bullet.
I am sure in the future I will find different solution to this problem.