DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Downtown Nashville Fun Wedding (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/466934-downtown-nashville-fun-wedding.html)

Bill Vincent November 1st, 2009 01:17 PM

Downtown Nashville Fun Wedding

This clip is from our latest, and we had a great time with this one. Shawn & Becky were a great couple to work with, and they were easy-going and fun. Shawn got a $2000+ Gibson guitar from his new wife as a present, and it's a cool moment in the clip. I just got their feedback this morning, and they were thrilled and blown away, which makes me thrilled too!

This was shot in downtown Nashville on the pedestrian bridge, and right past the entrance to the bridge at the aVenue event hall.

Thanks for watching and for any feedback!

Jim Snow November 1st, 2009 05:58 PM

Hi Bill, You have some nice shots in this piece. Is that a helper at 1:08? Nice touch dropping in the audio of the vows. It would help to duck the music track more and boost the mic audio level. The one shot that I didn't like was the opening one with Becky whacking away on a wad of chewing gum.

Great job - Thanks for letting us see it.

Bill Vincent November 1st, 2009 06:19 PM

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I agree about the gum - but she chomped on that gum right up until she walked up the isle - in fact she stops on the bridge about halfway across to throw it away - LOL! Oh well, that's Becky. She's a character. As for audio, yes, I could sweeten the tracks more - I think if I just boost the dialog a bit more it would be better.*

Yes, that helper is my son, Josh. The morning of this wedding my wife (who usually is my second shooter) got hit in the ankle full-force by our dog - and her entire ankle swelled to about twice its size and she was completely out of commission. So, Josh got his first experience helping me at a shoot - and he did a fantastic job. He got some of the best shots of the day, too. I was really proud of him! (I'll tell him you noticed, he'll enjoy that!)

Thanks again for the feedback!

*I actually did tweak the audio and reposted - I think it feels better now.

Stephen J. Williams November 2nd, 2009 04:04 PM

Bill...

That was fun to watch... Although I didn't want to see LP field after the massacre that was put down on my jags yesterday :-( (thats for another forum board though).

I liked the shots and the flow of the video. That was a really cool piece at the end when he got his guitar. You could see the drama unfold...
the only shot that I wasn't huge on was the at 1'11 and 1'16... at first I thought it was the same clip.
Where was the smoke coming from behind the dress? It was a nice touch.
What kind of mic setup did you have on the officiant. It looked like a dual lapel mic which seems like a great idea. Am I behind the times on not catching onto this idea?

Awesome video for a great wedding and a cool location.

Steve

Bill Vincent November 2nd, 2009 05:09 PM

Hi Steve,

First, thanks so much for watching and for the comments! Yes, the Titans FINALLY won a game this season. Sorry it had to be against the Jags. Even a broken clock... ;)

The smoke behind the dress is really steam - the dress was being steamed and that shot was a happy accident! :) The mic is actually a (fairly cheap, I admit) stereo mic that comes with the M-Audio Microtracker II. I use it as a backup - my primary source is on the Groom, a Sennheiser wireless, but that mic does pick up both the B&G very well. If the officiant is willing I usually try and wire them up with it.

Thanks again for watching!

Brendan Donohue November 7th, 2009 08:52 PM

Bill,
Maybe I'm just biased because I'm a Nashville resident:)...but that was killer. Great personalities of the b/g meshed very well with your shooting and editing..all the locations were great...wedding on the Shelby pedestrian bridge?? awesome!!haha. I actually shot a reception at 3rd ave south not too long ago, I have the highlight up on here somewhere ..that's a really cool venue too.
well done man!

Bill Vincent November 8th, 2009 10:12 AM

Hi Brendon,

Thanks so much for watching, and for the kind words as well! Yes, that was the Shelby pedestrian bridge. Great location, although if you don't shut down the bridge for your event you'll get some homeless people in a shot from time to time. One of them made a point of walking right in front of the camera at one point that day. That's okay - they don't mean any harm, they just want you to know they don't really care about your big day, and that they have as much right to the bridge as the wedding. To have the wedding on the bridge without closing it is $200 - to close the entire bridge is $5000, so there is a huge difference. For that price difference you just deal with the occasional passerby, both in front of and behind the cameras.