DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Prewedding Movie - Need feedback (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/466962-prewedding-movie-need-feedback.html)

Ian Lim November 2nd, 2009 12:20 AM

Prewedding Movie - Need feedback

Just finished a prewedding movie and it will be shown this weekend, during reception.

This one is a bit Korean melodrama style (if you ever watched 'em, you might recognize the style hehe..). Any inputs or comments are very much appreciated!

pass: dvinfoonly

cheers!

Susanto Widjaja November 2nd, 2009 01:15 AM

love the cinematography... love the score.. love the props.. love the location... love the dog scene.. the letter scene... but the ending is a bit vague for me.. so the guy went off and then come back for the girl??

overall.. i'm loving it.. maybe its just me that didn't get it :P

WELL DONE! I guarantee the crowd will go crazy!

Santo

Stephen J. Williams November 2nd, 2009 02:40 PM

Ian...

First Santo's now yours.... Somedays I just want to quite after coming to this board :-)

I thought the story, shots, colors... everything were awesome. One question though, the shot at 3 10. That was supposed to be a flashback to when he was giving her the windmill right? If so, maybe a different approach to the color grading when have made it more apparent.
Either way, your work is way out of my league and it was a pleasure to watch....
Steve

David Schuurman November 2nd, 2009 05:31 PM

I see he went to banff in his travels!

I loved the piece, really enjoyed how you let the sun wash out the image and flare.

I thought that his audio was a bit muddled at the start. that's the only thing I disliked.

amazing work.

Bill Vincent November 2nd, 2009 05:56 PM

Hi Ian,

Beautiful cinematography - just a wide range of solid creative shooting going on there. The only comment I have is regarding audio - the dialog sounds muffled/muted to me and the whole piece seems like it could have benefitted from being sweetened audio-wise. EQ the dialog and brighten it up in the mix and it would be sooo much better.

Great job overall - beautiful to watch!

Bill

Ian Lim November 2nd, 2009 08:24 PM

@Santo: actually the overall story is a bit vague, not just the ending, we did it on purpose to let the viewers with their own interpretation. Sounds like Wong Kar Wai's stuffs rather than Michael Bay's, doesn't it? :P :P Thanks a lot for your input anyway. Btw, wish you all the best on your upcoming ehm...can't say it here... ehm... Fiel told me :D :D

@Stephen: The flashback 'different coloring approach' did came across my mind. But then I left it that way because it's one scene only :D

@David @Bill: I couldn't agree more about his dialogue, he was a bit mumbled when we recorded his voice. EQing it would worsen the hiss, but maybe I haven't try harder :D

Anyway, thanks for your inputs! Really constructive and I appreciate 'em a lot! :D

Prashanna Jayaseelan November 9th, 2009 09:59 PM

Really liked your video, my favourite part of your work would have to be your grading - nicely done. I'm a sucker for retro/vintage feel.

Ian Lim November 13th, 2009 10:20 AM

Prashanna, thanks for watching! :D

Sean Seah November 14th, 2009 02:01 AM

its sweet Ian! Good use of lighting, CC and the mood is right. I'm just wondering how you come up with the theme? I would think the couple did get seperated for a while in real life so you adapted it into something like this?

Kren Barnes November 16th, 2009 05:13 PM

That is sweeettt...loved the aura of the film...everyone must have loved it !!

Ian Lim December 3rd, 2009 11:16 AM

Sorry for taking so long to reply :D

Sean: It was basically our own idea to try different approach: the Korean melodrama style :D I'm not sure exactly how they did get separated in real life, but the main idea is there have been ups and downs in their relationship :D

Kren: Thanks a lot!