DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Sarantis & Aggeliki Traditional Greek Wedding Teaser (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/470419-sarantis-aggeliki-traditional-greek-wedding-teaser.html)

Dimitris Mantalias January 4th, 2010 03:08 AM

Sarantis & Aggeliki Traditional Greek Wedding Teaser

Happy new year to all of you! Just returned from Prague and I can't get used to work right away, so I thought I'd post a teaser from a nice wedding we've done some months ago. It was a very traditional one, in a remote village of Western Greece with very nice wedding customs and such.

Stelios Christofides January 4th, 2010 02:52 PM

Dimitris Welcome back. Was your trip to Prague for business or pleasure? Back to your video now; well done and the music blended so well with the video and the whole clip moved so smoothly. The only commend that I would make is that the use of the Glidecam was a bid over done, I think.

Kali Xronia
Stelios

Dimitris Mantalias January 4th, 2010 04:56 PM

Thanks Stelios. Actually its not a steadicam but the little favorite Flowpod that did most of the shots. :) We rarely use statics during the photoshoots, unless we shoot with 35mm, which in that case didn't happen.

As for Prague, I was there for a second time, and always for the pleasure of it. But no matter the fun, I'd prefer to go for business since we're talking about the most beautiful city on the planet (that's what I think anyway). I can always hope, we've done a wedding in Austria already, so you never know where you can go next! :)

Anthony Vu January 4th, 2010 07:38 PM

Wow. I love the opening shot. Nice work! I see you like the 2.35:1? Do you find that it makes audiences feel like the trailer is more cinematic?

antz

Dimitris Mantalias January 5th, 2010 07:04 AM

Hi Anthony. Yes, the couples seem to be impressed with such formats like this super-wide mode. They don't always know why, but they remind them the movies they watch on their Widescreen TVs, since many film DVDs are made at 2.35:1 and they show black bars even on Widescreen TVs. Of course you have to crop heavily and adjust the frame, because FX1 is not a cinema camcorder in any way, but it still looks impressive when the teaser plays on a HD setup.

Stelios Christofides January 5th, 2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris Mantalias (Post 1467965)
... Actually its not a steadicam but the little favorite Flowpod that did most of the shots...

Dimitris, I am thinking in getting one of these Flowpods for my Z5. Are they easy to learn and work with?

Stelios

Dimitris Mantalias January 5th, 2010 07:18 PM

I wouldn't say it's easy, but nothing in this job is easy anyway. At the beginning, you will be mighty frustrated, thinking about the failure you bought. You will be frustrated at calibrating the camera, and you will be frustrated at moving around. But if you insist, you'll get some very impressive results soon enough.