DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   First wedding EVER! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/478453-first-wedding-ever.html)

Roger Contreras May 10th, 2010 05:14 PM

First wedding EVER!

So, I finally got approved to post and I've been wanting some feedback from fellow video peeps. A friend and I are really getting serious into the media business and one thing we are offering is wedding videos.

Well, we finally got a job last month. We have gotten good feedback, but would like your guys opinions on our work. We are improving the clarity of our shots a lot more and just got out Glidecam Smooth Shooter kit with 4000 Pro TODAY, so there is a lot more to come. We would just like some feedback.

Equipment Used:

12' Crane Custom built
2 - Sony V1U's
Sennheiser EW100 wireless Lav
Edited with FCP6

Here is the highlight video:

Johannes Soetandi May 10th, 2010 11:51 PM

Hi Roger. Can't say I'm better than you as I'm new in wedding too :) But perhaps I can give some input as I understand how precious an input can be for someone starting like us.

Overall its a great video and I particularly love the opening where you split into three section columns. Nice! Some that I would do if I were you:

1. Putting some text, at least the name of the B&G in the video
2. B&G preparation clips would also help to build the video into climax
3. The tilting in one of the clip is a bit too much I think. Felt like I'm tilting my head when I see it.
4. Adding the original sound in some clips would make the video better too (laughter, speeches etc)

All the best mate, hope you found my comments useful!

Cheers,

John

Jason Selmes May 15th, 2010 09:43 PM

hi mate,

All round great for a first attempt I am sure the client will be happy. I loved the crane over the top near the start of the video The only think i didn't like was at time mark (1 min 20 seconds) when they look to be on a golf course and the camera tilts over it looks very bad in my opinion. If you change that it will turn out to be a good little video.

You will have plenty of jobs to come mate so keep up the good work

Susanto Widjaja May 16th, 2010 05:50 PM

Hi roger,

Firstly, WOW! a crane on your first wedding job... I have never heard of such a thing..

You have certainly done a great job on your first gig. No doubt about that.

Some things to be improved on:

- 0:33 you held the shot too long at the beginning with the flower, you should rack focus earlier and then cut to the crane shot. I was waiting for the rack focus, and when it happens, it cuts too fast.

- 01:20 tilting shot doesn't work in my opinion

- last shot of the clip - I wouldn't put the shot in the clip just because there is a massive tripod in there..

- I would probably use some natural audio in there since it will make it more alive and to make us feel like we're there with them as well.

- I would not really use any group photo shots in a highlights but its up to you really..

- love the crane up shot when the bride walked down the isle.

Well done !

Santo