DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Tack Lee & Hoe Ping Prewedding film "Melbourne with Love" teaser (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/482664-tack-lee-hoe-ping-prewedding-film-melbourne-love-teaser.html)

Susanto Widjaja July 30th, 2010 07:21 AM

Tack Lee & Hoe Ping Prewedding film "Melbourne with Love" teaser

I just love doing true story films... especially when the story is so sweet and genuine. such as this one. Tack is a very sweet guy, which would make girls go "aaawww...." while Hoe Ping is very caring and loving to her man. We shot this gem last july and couldn't be happier with it.

Please enjoy this short teaser of their prewedding...

Santo

Peter Szilveszter August 9th, 2010 12:50 AM

awesome trailer...this is what they are exactly supposed to be! want to find out what happens next :)

Kren Barnes August 11th, 2010 11:41 PM

Amazing job as always Susanto....

Kren
www.verticalvideoworks.ca

Susanto Widjaja August 15th, 2010 06:34 PM

Thanks peter and kren :D

I've actually made the draft film on vimeo for drafting purposes with our team.

feel free to comment and have a look at it if you're interested:

password: melbourne

Johannes Soetandi August 16th, 2010 12:01 AM

Santo, this is one of the best thing about dvinfo, I get to to see video before general public. It's like a VIP ticket heheh.

I'm no expert but if I may comment on the video; I absolutely loved how you highlighted the 'holding hands' part in the story when the guy proposes, brilliant concept! But I think I would like to see more on how the girl reacts when the guy proposed, how she finally melts and gave her hand away. Not sure if you got any of that filmed.

But otherwise, it's a magical piece to me! Thanks for sharing.. :)

Susanto Widjaja August 16th, 2010 01:44 AM

hahaha... make sure you don't post the password on facebook by mistake :P

I know what you mean about the girl's reaction. Will try to put more into it on the final draft. Its a bit hard since the song is about to finish soon by that time. We've got some corrections to do already so will definitely put yours as well.

Thanks!

Aaron Jones August 20th, 2010 06:36 AM

Susanto..... Your clips are of the very few which are able to draw emotion from me (and I am a bit of a cold-hearted guy when it comes to watching clips). This clip was no different - especially the draft film.

Even though the action is all scripted, it somehow doesn't feel mechanical or forced and that is why your work is so beautiful.

Right, I'm gonna have to go and chop some wood or wrestle a bear right now before I get any more mushy with all this sentiment.

Osmany Tellez August 21st, 2010 03:49 PM

you are the masters.....WOW

John C. Chu August 22nd, 2010 10:57 AM

This blows me away. Incredible! I'm incredibly moved.

Susanto Widjaja August 23rd, 2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron Jones (Post 1560890)
Susanto..... Your clips are of the very few which are able to draw emotion from me (and I am a bit of a cold-hearted guy when it comes to watching clips). This clip was no different - especially the draft film.

Even though the action is all scripted, it somehow doesn't feel mechanical or forced and that is why your work is so beautiful.

Right, I'm gonna have to go and chop some wood or wrestle a bear right now before I get any more mushy with all this sentiment.

lol aaron, your comment gave me a big laugh. thanks so much for letting me know. it means a lot coming from a cold-hearted guy who wresles bears :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osmany Tellez (Post 1561278)
you are the masters.....WOW

Thanks Osmany! I'm no master, just trying my best :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by John C. Chu (Post 1561443)
This blows me away. Incredible! I'm incredibly moved.

Thanks John, that's what its all about.

Jordan Brindle August 26th, 2010 04:20 PM

Hi Susanto,

Another excellent looking piece, however, excuse my ignorance but, what is this? Are these clients for a wedding? Is this a new 'service' people are hiring videographers for? I've never seen one of these video's before, and it's got me confused! Haha.

As far as the production value goes, stunning, i'm just unaware of the concept?

Susanto Widjaja August 26th, 2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Brindle (Post 1563181)
Hi Susanto,

Another excellent looking piece, however, excuse my ignorance but, what is this? Are these clients for a wedding? Is this a new 'service' people are hiring videographers for? I've never seen one of these video's before, and it's got me confused! Haha.

As far as the production value goes, stunning, i'm just unaware of the concept?

Thanks Jordan,

This is what we call a prewedding film based on the couple's true story. We are now getting regular clients for this concept with decent money. We started to offer this kind of thing when we first started around 2 years ago and it was very hard to convince our couples to invest their time and money into this because the fact is until now, nobody even set aside a budget for a "prewedding film". But now as our samples grow, our clientele also grow and we've been travelling to film prewedding films both interstate and overseas now. it feeds to our film-making creativity needs and its so much fun :)

Our couples would normally use this film to screen it during their reception night as part of the entertainment and also to give their friends and family a background information of how they come together. it is an amazing experience watching it with everyone there.

Vito DeFilippo August 26th, 2010 08:05 PM

Nice movie.

You know, it seems like these are a stand alone production that needs no wedding video, or even a wedding to help them out. It doesn't matter if they get married, cause it's a movie about two people falling in love. No different than other movies.

That was just so great. I wish I were part of productions like that.You're an artist masquerading as a wedding videographer.

Jordan Brindle August 27th, 2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susanto Widjaja (Post 1563218)
Thanks Jordan,

This is what we call a prewedding film based on the couple's true story. We are now getting regular clients for this concept with decent money. We started to offer this kind of thing when we first started around 2 years ago and it was very hard to convince our couples to invest their time and money into this because the fact is until now, nobody even set aside a budget for a "prewedding film". But now as our samples grow, our clientele also grow and we've been travelling to film prewedding films both interstate and overseas now. it feeds to our film-making creativity needs and its so much fun :)

Our couples would normally use this film to screen it during their reception night as part of the entertainment and also to give their friends and family a background information of how they come together. it is an amazing experience watching it with everyone there.

Wow, that is just fantastic. And you do it so well. What a brilliant concept. At first i was a little sceptical, but since you've explained it i can see why it's getting more interest. I guess you would really need the right kind of couple to try and sell a production like this, i can't see it picking up in the UK! We are far too up-tight for that sort of thing unfortunately!

Please post some more of these up when you get some more jobs, it's really interesting and you make it look so good.

Susanto Widjaja August 27th, 2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito DeFilippo (Post 1563241)
Nice movie.

You know, it seems like these are a stand alone production that needs no wedding video, or even a wedding to help them out. It doesn't matter if they get married, cause it's a movie about two people falling in love. No different than other movies.

That was just so great. I wish I were part of productions like that.You're an artist masquerading as a wedding videographer.

Thanks Vito, what a great compliment.

I hope I can be lucky enough to shoot in quebec where I would definitely ask you to come along :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Brindle (Post 1563385)
Wow, that is just fantastic. And you do it so well. What a brilliant concept. At first i was a little sceptical, but since you've explained it i can see why it's getting more interest. I guess you would really need the right kind of couple to try and sell a production like this, i can't see it picking up in the UK! We are far too up-tight for that sort of thing unfortunately!

Please post some more of these up when you get some more jobs, it's really interesting and you make it look so good.

Hi Jordan,

yes it is a new thing which people often underestimate about how entertaining and meaningful it can be. "The couples acting like hollywood stars? give me a break!" well, they are not so bad afterall aren't they? just need some simple directions and a bit of film language to add on top.

We have actually done quiet a few so far and shooting more and more. Please come to our blog and have a look at more of these kind of prewedding films. including my very own prewedding film :)

Santo