DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Mick & Jacqueline sde GRADED! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/483797-mick-jacqueline-sde-graded.html)

Susanto Widjaja August 24th, 2010 06:38 PM

Mick & Jacqueline sde GRADED!

Hi guys, here is our newest SDE last saturday. We finally managed to do color correction just before we screened it. I'm so happy because I've been trying to push the editing to be faster to allow some time to color.. makes a whole world of difference.

Any comments are welcomed :)

Johannes Soetandi August 24th, 2010 08:47 PM

Amazing SDE Santo!! Always admire your piece of art mate. But it seems like vimeo is playing it on SD on default, I had to click the HD before I get the best results.

Out of curiosity, how many hours it took for your editing without the color correction this time?

David Schuurman August 26th, 2010 10:20 AM

Susanto that was beautiful. The grading was excellent and really bumped it up a notch.

Sorry to make this a gear related posting (too many videos have enquiries about gear used as if it matters too much) but I like your flying long lens shots and wondering what mm lens you put on there and are able to fly? (I suppose it'd also help to know what flying device you use). I have been flying a 50mm (in practice only) and it looks awesome when it's in focus but that rarely ever happens lol.

Again I want to say good job. Your clips inspire me.

Jordan Brindle August 26th, 2010 04:03 PM

Wouldn't even know how to begin creating beautiful images like this. Superb!

Susanto Widjaja August 26th, 2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johannes Soetandi (Post 1562390)
Amazing SDE Santo!! Always admire your piece of art mate. But it seems like vimeo is playing it on SD on default, I had to click the HD before I get the best results. Out of curiosity, how many hours it took for your editing without the color correction this time?

Hi johnannes,
I think it was around 3 hours. I start editing usually around 5.30pm with also having to shoot once in a while (grand entrance, first dance, checking things) so we have around 45 minutes to color and render out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Schuurman (Post 1563064)
Susanto that was beautiful. The grading was excellent and really bumped it up a notch.

Sorry to make this a gear related posting (too many videos have enquiries about gear used as if it matters too much) but I like your flying long lens shots and wondering what mm lens you put on there and are able to fly? (I suppose it'd also help to know what flying device you use). I have been flying a 50mm (in practice only) and it looks awesome when it's in focus but that rarely ever happens lol.

Again I want to say good job. Your clips inspire me.

Thanks so much David, we use a steadicam merlin with 5D + 17-40mm f4 lens to fly wide shots and 50mm f1.2 for the close ups (the weight of the 50mm 1.2 helps with the balancing). I've also tried flying with 85mm and it looks sick... its just a lot harder to keep it steady. In terms of aperture,I normally use f2.8 when I want those shallow depth of field steadicam shots or f4 when I want to be safer e.g. during processional

I've ordered glidecam hd2000 though... so we'll see whether it'll replace my merlin or not :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Brindle (Post 1563175)
Wouldn't even know how to begin creating beautiful images like this. Superb!

Jordan, thanks mate, I'm sure you'll figure it out soon! :)

Vito DeFilippo August 26th, 2010 07:55 PM

Wow. Hard to believe that was done in a hurry. Great work, and something to aspire to.

Sean Seah August 27th, 2010 10:03 PM

Love the tight shots buddy. 24-70 for the steadicam shots are possible too with a glidecam HD2000. You will be able to pan up and down easier but the weight increase from the merlin will take some getting used to!