DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Mel ' Justin - Love Story + Same Day Edit // Colour Craft Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/484069-mel-justin-love-story-same-day-edit-colour-craft-media.html)

Randy Panado August 30th, 2010 10:27 PM

Mel ' Justin - Love Story + Same Day Edit // Colour Craft Media

Hi All,

Love Story and Same Day Edit film from about a week ago. Just got around to uploading the SDE as I've been doing a bit of traveling. Couple inquired with me 4 months ago to do a concept piece for their love story. Mixed some of their ideas along with mine and this is what we came up with. I try and stay away from scripted ideas as most of the time it doesn't translate well and looks either cheesy or fake. This couple really were the talent that made it all work so much kudos to them. Very natural and comfortable in front of the camera :).

Filmed with :

7Ds primarily with some 5Dmk2
Zeiss glass
Atlas 10 slider for the ending sequence of the Love Story and the one shot in the SDE
Steadicam Pilot
FCP 7
Lighting - Cool Lights LED256s for interviews with the couple

Write up on the blog : Water works // Mel ‘ Justin – Love Story + Same Day Edit Colour Craft Media

Love story :

Same Day Edit :

Please feel free to comment if you enjoy it, thanks!

Kren Barnes August 31st, 2010 06:38 PM

you are good my man! everything was top notch and love the soundtracks you used..for both videos

cheers,

kren
www.verticalvideoworks.ca

Travis Cossel September 1st, 2010 02:38 PM

Bro, you killed that SDE! It was great from start to finish. The ring shot at the beginning was perfectly executed. Didn't have time to watch the whole love story but ...

"She had a big butt." - Are you kidding me? lol!

Randy Panado September 13th, 2010 01:07 PM

Kren - Thanks for watching! Tried my best to really tailor the songs to fit the mood :).

Trav - Thanks bro. I wanted to get the sparkle of all that bling on the ring, glad to see that it translated. And yes..I was lol'ing quite a bit editing the love story!

Louis Maddalena September 13th, 2010 08:28 PM

taking a while to load, I don't know why, I have a super fast internet connection and its acting like a snail tonight. While its loading when you say zeis glass... are you using cp.2 primes?

Randy Panado September 13th, 2010 09:17 PM

No, I'm using mostly ZF mount Zeiss lenses. It must be a vimeo thing, it's loading slow for me at times but fast at others.

Jordan Brindle September 16th, 2010 03:37 PM

Just fantastic! I loved how this big body-builder broke down into tears at least twice during the highlights! And how the hell do you go about doing a same day edit?

I much preferred this documentary style story to some others i've seen here on Vimeo however, i don't think you'll ever truly be without a sprinkling of cheese when it comes to shooting these 'love stories'. :)

Any way splendid work, i'm still striving to reach your level of expertise.

Randy Panado September 19th, 2010 11:36 AM

Thanks for watching Jordan. It was very emotional during the screening at the reception. It's always a goal to get the bride and groom emotional during the SDE and with vows like they had, it was seriously a huge tear jerker :).

Are you asking about SDE workflow? I'd be happy to share what I do but it's nothing that is out of the ordinary in terms of workflow. It's a combination of techniques I learned from different wedding filmmakers when I've collab'd with them.

Cheers.

William Smyth September 22nd, 2010 08:08 AM

Brilliant work, Randy.

Not to derail this thread, but how did you embed the video into this message board?

Randy Panado September 22nd, 2010 11:39 AM

Thanks for watching and commenting William.

I just posted the link from vimeo and dvinfo automatically embeds it.

Cheers

William Smyth September 22nd, 2010 12:04 PM

Thanks, Randy.

Chris Talawe September 22nd, 2010 12:42 PM

Great Job on the SDE!

I'm curious. What is the size of your crew? You got some really good angles.

Randy Panado September 23rd, 2010 01:48 AM

William - No problem!

Chris - Thanks :). My crew size varies. I've done full day coverage with SDE with only 2 of us but most of the time its a total of 3 cinematographers. This particular SDE had 4 of us working. The love story was mostly just myself shooting with a few of the shoots with 1 other cinematographer.

Cheers!