DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Ben + Angelica :: The Book // Engagement Film (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/485357-ben-angelica-book-engagement-film.html)

Sigmund Reboquio September 27th, 2010 10:02 AM

Ben + Angelica :: The Book // Engagement Film

You know that feeling where you are very excited to show it on the wedding day, and at the same time worried because people might not like it? Butterflies on your stomach!
I was satisfied already when Ben and Angelica told me that they liked it.
Luckily their friends and family liked it too!!! It feels like getting a bonus!!!
Congrats Ben and Geli!

Susanto Widjaja September 28th, 2010 05:45 AM

my first impression: very beautiful bride!!! lol

I love the color on the first scene! what song did you use for that one? I love the instrumental, PM me please?

My comment would be to watch out on your axis line and to be more careful in choosing shot movements.

I saw that there was a weird cut where you had a glidetrack shot in between of tripod shots when the guy was sitting 00:17

Then 00:31 when you put a shaky steadicam movement in between of tripod shot. and then the shot after that was a double action of him sitting down.

also a weird cut on 01:01. better delete that shot and just cut to the close-up straight away. This will also give you a longer hold of the close up shot where we can read the title of the book much easier.

01:07: another similar case

01:26 wrong side of axis

01: 43 again, wrong side of axis

That's it I guess, I hope it was helpful :)

Santo

Kevin Lewis September 28th, 2010 07:07 AM

This is certainly one of my favorites! I thought you did an excellent job. I like how you set the tone in the beginning. Susanto brings up a few good points. Most of them I would not have noticed on my own unless my intent was to critique the work. I'm sure the Bride and Groom were thrilled with this. Again, GREAT job!

Jordan Brindle September 28th, 2010 10:09 AM

Susanto basically details everything that's wrong, technically, with the film, which i happened to notice as well! But cinematography wise, the look, pace, feel, spot on! Excellent work and nice color grading.

Sigmund Reboquio September 30th, 2010 12:24 AM

Kevin and Jordan and Susanto, Thanks for commenting. We showed it during the reception and the crowed was yelling and cheering non-stop.

The shoot/lessons learned:
1. glidecam was unbalanced : sorry,
2.we shot on the church without permit so I had to rush because it will be closed. (but I wont give any excuses because it was really a bad shot)
3. scout and plan the shots : really important. I never had the chance to scout the place before the shoot and as you can see, I'm all over the place.

Susanto, I dont know a lot of technicalities yet but I'm learning (by myself for now). for example the axis shots that you were talking about, it makes sense, but those are things you will learn if you take evo, reframe, or other workshops. I haven't done any of those like you did, but I will probably in the future and hope to learn. I'm still relatively new to the game. But your point is really well taken and I will take that positively.
How do I PM you? I can send you the artist if you want.

Susanto Widjaja September 30th, 2010 04:19 AM

I wasn't criticizing :)

I was just giving feedback. You did very well especially for a starter. I hope my feedback would help you identifitying things that could have been done better :)

if you click my name and go to contact info, you can send me an email or private message

Cheers buddy

Santo

Sigmund Reboquio September 30th, 2010 08:39 AM

It is a big help actually. I honestly appreciate the feedback.

I PMd you already Santo! I hope you continue to give feedback because it is helpful.

Kren Barnes October 5th, 2010 02:14 PM

Great shooting and story telling...outside of what Susanto already outlined i think you have a great future in wedding films

Cheers Pare!

Kren
Vertical Video Works | www.verticalvideoworks.com

Sigmund Reboquio October 7th, 2010 11:00 AM

Thanks pareng Kren !!!