29 (Twenty nine) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old September 28th, 2010, 10:01 AM   #1
29 (Twenty nine)
Serge Satkar Serge Satkar is offline September 28th, 2010, 10:01 AM

Wedding concept film teaser we've shot and presented this spring

Serge Satkar
Regular Crew
Views: 3510
Old September 28th, 2010, 10:03 AM   #2
Major Player

I'm lost! What's it have to do with a wedding? :(
Jordan Brindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 10:40 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Sorry to dissapoint you Jordan :(

I don't like to copy.. even myself.. Things are different why we often flatten them to someones template, narrow vision? For this case groom is hockey player.. And the story flows around the game..

Sorry again, I hope you'll enjoy romantic part that lays behind this teaser.
Serge Satkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 03:31 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge Lebedev View Post
Sorry to dissapoint you Jordan :(

I don't like to copy.. even myself.. Things are different why we often flatten them to someones template, narrow vision? For this case groom is hockey player.. And the story flows around the game..

Sorry again, I hope you'll enjoy romantic part that lays behind this teaser.
I see it now! Sorry i didn't mean any offence the first time, i just don't think it was made very clear! There is a brief 2-3 second clip of the bride, with a number 20 key chain (the hockey player). If you hadn't have told me it was a wedding/romance film concept i would have just shrugged it off as a super-serious hockey game. Extremely well done but i guess it could have been clearer? Maybe not?

Excellent work nonetheless.
Jordan Brindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 05:30 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thank you Jordan for your kind words!
I know it, this made intentionally cause this is not highlights and even not a trailer.. But teaser
Old September 30th, 2010, 03:24 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Full-length
Old September 30th, 2010, 05:27 PM   #7
Major Player

I think the beginning of the movie (the teaser) was great but then the middle and end bit were not as powerful. It feels almost like they were two separate films. A bit strange really... I really liked the beginning though... well done on that one..
Old October 1st, 2010, 04:23 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Hi Susanto, thanks for your comment!
We all have our own taste, just keep in mind that's not sporting film but prewedding.. With main sports line )
Many guests were touched by second part, that means very much for me, cause they all take in by the heart.. Even men, hockey players, had tears welled in their eyes.. I really didn't expect from them

Can you tell the parts were you felt like disconnected from heroes and story?
Actually this is a bit shortened version from original showed in April and I have much footage not used. Maybe I'll try to "empower" some moments if I'll find it reasonable
Old October 1st, 2010, 06:28 AM   #9
Major Player

hi serge,

Yes you're right, everyone has their own taste :)

That's great to hear that your audience were deeply touched by the film. I just felt that the whole second part was too staged and lovey dovey and suddenly felt very "wedding" while the first part was very cinematic and had the impact of becoming a very emotional romantic drama.

Again, look, I wasn't criticizing, this is purely my honest feedback.There is also a possibility that I cannot relate to the story of a hockey player since I'm not even a good ice skater :)

I truly salute you on the first part though. I still think its very very well done, editing wise, shot wise, sound design wise, score etc.

Santo
Old October 1st, 2010, 07:03 AM   #10
Major Player

I think one of the problems about wedding story telling is that if you don't personally know the couple, you dont' know the story. I'm sure all their friends and family know the groom is the hockey player, so they related to the story right away. I just posted a video and the bride is driving a red Firebird. The bride's mother recently passed away at that was her red Firebird. Not being connected to the bride/groom, one would have never knows that was her moms car.
Michael Simons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2010, 06:10 PM   #11
Regular Crew

santo, thanks once more.

I really appreciate your honest feedback.
Just my 2cents ) cause many things in this work not similar to what you do, or what I saw from other collegues.

Quote:
..suddenly felt very "wedding"
I don't think second part feel wedding like..
You could notice that all the film made on mix of documentary and feature fragments..
And cinematic almost sinonims to "staged" ))

Also you may feel scenes with background voice a bit long-drawn cause you don't hear original language words, don't feel this energy..

Well, pity you didn't concretize the moments you felt weaker, I'm ready to consider some correcting if your notices will be reasonable.
Old October 1st, 2010, 06:12 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Simons View Post
I think one of the problems about wedding story telling is that if you don't personally know the couple, you dont' know the story. I'm sure all their friends and family know the groom is the hockey player, so they related to the story right away. I just posted a video and the bride is driving a red Firebird. The bride's mother recently passed away at that was her red Firebird. Not being connected to the bride/groom, one would have never knows that was her moms car.
Partially true.. But this is completely made-up story. And no one could see it or know about it before showing. Even the couple itself.
(certainly couple knew separate scenes, but not the whole)
Old October 2nd, 2010, 05:59 AM   #13
Major Player

Mind you boys and girls of this great forum, I thought that it was absolutely incredible! It's certainly one of those pre-weddings that looks away from traditional forms of narration, not to mention that technically it is ace and ends as a totally original and fresh achievement. The groom's thoughts sent shivers down my spine, and although I don't know Russian, the subtitles were enough to do it. Well, that's a personal opinion anyway.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 07:58 AM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge Lebedev View Post
santo, thanks once more.

I really appreciate your honest feedback.
Just my 2cents ) cause many things in this work not similar to what you do, or what I saw from other collegues.

I don't think second part feel wedding like..
You could notice that all the film made on mix of documentary and feature fragments..
And cinematic almost sinonims to "staged" ))

Also you may feel scenes with background voice a bit long-drawn cause you don't hear original language words, don't feel this energy..

Well, pity you didn't concretize the moments you felt weaker, I'm ready to consider some correcting if your notices will be reasonable.
hey serge,

Yes, there may be a lot of reasons why am I 'not getting it'

I don't know why and I don't think it matters too much now... I was just giving my honest feedback.

If you want to know the exact moment I felt it to be "wedding like" it was on 6:28 when the guy looks at the girl, the girl looks at the guy, romantic song comes in, and then we see the exact same angle and exact same shot (looks like a repeat shot to me) of the guy looking at her again...

and then it just goes lovey dovey from there.... not much drama anymore... just... wedding.... spending time together.... getting engaged....which is nice, but its just so much different than the first part where it had a lot of drama and made you wanted to see more.

Clearly a lot of people loved it! For example Dimitris here :) so, don't worry too much, maybe its just me.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 06:10 AM   #15
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris Mantalias View Post
Mind you boys and girls of this great forum, I thought that it was absolutely incredible! It's certainly one of those pre-weddings that looks away from traditional forms of narration, not to mention that technically it is ace and ends as a totally original and fresh achievement. The groom's thoughts sent shivers down my spine, and although I don't know Russian, the subtitles were enough to do it. Well, that's a personal opinion anyway.
Thank you Dimitris, I feel that new Greek school of wedding filming is raising.. With its own style and vision of every event.. Appreciate.
Serge Satkar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery