DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Patrick + Chelsea | Highlights | Serendipity Studios (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/487592-patrick-chelsea-highlights-serendipity-studios.html)

Travis Cossel November 16th, 2010 06:21 PM

Patrick + Chelsea | Highlights | Serendipity Studios

We couldn't have been happier that Patrick and Chelsea's wedding was one of the last we filmed before relocating to Miami, Florida. Both of them are just the nicest people and they are so into each other and had such a beautiful wedding day. It was our pleasure to be a part of it.

Patrick is a huge U of I Vandals fan and had the socks to prove. One of my favorite shots of the day was the shot of his socks. I also loved during their first meet when Chelsea chose to pinch Patrick's butt instead of doing the usual tap on the shoulder. It was all her idea, because it's something she does to Patrick all the time. How appropriate!

We also had the cottonwood trees in full pollination that day, which was a challenge on the sinuses but made for some spectacular shots. Enjoy!

Michael Simons November 16th, 2010 06:31 PM

Beautiful work!

Franklin Bencosme November 16th, 2010 08:27 PM

ufff great work !! what camera you use??

Travis Cossel November 17th, 2010 10:33 AM

Michael | Thanks!

Franklin | We use Canon 7D's. Thanks for watching.

Art Varga November 17th, 2010 03:08 PM

Travis -loved the "through the legs" shot at 2:33! What were you flying the 7D on? Nice work!

Art

Travis Cossel November 18th, 2010 09:09 AM

We use a Steadicam Merlin; it's not the easiest to use, but it's so compact and versatile.

The legs shot was the actual shot of her coming in to see him. We were pretty proud of that one. A number of people have thought it was simply a setup shot, but it wasn't. It was the actual moment. d;-)

Michael Simons November 18th, 2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis Cossel (Post 1589307)
We use a Steadicam Merlin; it's not the easiest to use, but it's so compact and versatile.

The legs shot was the actual shot of her coming in to see him. We were pretty proud of that one. A number of people have thought it was simply a setup shot, but it wasn't. It was the actual moment. d;-)

Travis, As of now, I use the Glidecam (no vest or arm). I was thinking about switching over to the Merlin. Your thoughts?

Art Varga November 18th, 2010 05:48 PM

[QUOTE=Travis Cossel;1589307]We use a Steadicam Merlin; it's not the easiest to use, but it's so compact and versatile.
QUOTE]

Travis -what lenses do you use with the Merlin and 7D? I've been using my Merlin exclusively with my XH-A1 but want to start flying my 5D. Thinking of a 24mm.

Travis Cossel November 18th, 2010 06:42 PM

At the moment we're using the 17-55 2.8, but that's on a 7D. A 24 on a 5D would look great.

Greg Fiske November 22nd, 2010 11:48 PM

"We also had the cottonwood trees in full pollination that day, which was a challenge on the sinuses but made for some spectacular shots. Enjoy!"

haha, I thought this was a video overlay at first and was googling how to do the fx :-) Well done.

Travis Cossel November 23rd, 2010 09:37 PM

Oh, that's funny. Yeah, no effect, just the real thing. d;-) Thanks for watching.

Randy Panado November 23rd, 2010 11:32 PM

3rd to last shot was killllllllleerrrrrrr! :)

Great work bro!

Travis Cossel November 24th, 2010 10:19 AM

Thanks Randy! Glad it was worth the horrible allergies that day, lol.

Sigmund Reboquio November 24th, 2010 05:02 PM

Good Job Travis!

Stelios Christofides November 26th, 2010 07:58 AM

I really enjoyed it Travis. How do you control the focus. Are u using a follow focus thing? I have purchased the Canon 550D to use as supplementary to my Sony Z5 and I am practising at the moment.

Stelios