DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   I Believe this is the largest Wedding film production in the UK - Trailer (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/487927-i-believe-largest-wedding-film-production-uk-trailer.html)

Pete James November 23rd, 2010 10:21 AM

Cinematic Wedding Trailer - Big Production using cranes, steadicams etc

Mandi & Manjit's Wedding Trailer.
This is the Trailer from what I believe to be the largest scale wedding film produced in the UK( not including the Royal ones) please correct me if I'm wrong,

It took 5 crew, 2 cranes, 2 steacicams Glidetrack shooter and a host of other kit, Edited with Adobe CS5 Premiere and After efects using a myriad of plugins.

Dimitris Mantalias November 23rd, 2010 07:11 PM

With one word... awesome!

Franklin Bencosme November 23rd, 2010 07:51 PM

Wow Wow Wow !! one of the most IMPACTING trailer I've ever seen !!
Great edit an LOVE the (name of the song) music !!

Thanks for sharing !

Pete James November 24th, 2010 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris Mantalias (Post 1591305)
With one word... awesome!

Thank you Dimitris, Im liking that one word!!

Pete James November 24th, 2010 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franklin Bencosme (Post 1591320)
Wow Wow Wow !! one of the most IMPACTING trailer I've ever seen !!
Great edit an LOVE the (name of the song) music !!

Thanks for sharing !

Hi Franklin, so happy you wrote your reaction to the clip, gave me a lift as was having a 'bad hour' much appreciated

Pete

Sean Seah November 24th, 2010 10:06 AM

Woah thaz huge... loads of editing effort there.

Pete James November 25th, 2010 03:57 AM

Hi Sean, Yep around 20 hours of post production on this one, was a marathon as opposed to a sprint!!! thanks for your comment
Cheers
Pete

Stelios Christofides November 25th, 2010 12:44 PM

Really fantastic!!! How much did you, they, charge the couple for this?

Stelios

Buba Kastorski November 25th, 2010 02:41 PM

sorry, I'll be honest :)
great editing, poor shots

Pete James November 25th, 2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stelios Christofides (Post 1592020)
Really fantastic!!! How much did you charge the couple for this?

Stelios

Thanks Stelios, Feel like it would be somehow not right to say for some strange reason, but prices are clearly listed on my site index if your interested

Cheers

Pete

Pete James November 25th, 2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buba Kastorski (Post 1592053)

Couldnt disagree more, as my gran used to say, you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear!!

Thanks for the only negative comment tho, always appreciated.

Don Bloom November 25th, 2010 10:03 PM

Buba, I don't watch all the trailers and rarely comment on them but I did watch this one and frankly I thougth it was extremely well done. Shots and edit. So I'm curious as too your comment about 'poor shots'. Could you be a bit more specific about which shot you think fall into the poor shot catagory. I'm not looking to start a "thing" but just curiousity.

David Schuurman November 28th, 2010 06:07 PM

Although I'm not a fan of the "epic tralier/highlights" I really think this is very well done. congratulations on pulling off an excellent piece.

Pete James November 29th, 2010 08:37 PM

Hi David, Thanks very much, especially nice coming from a fellow film maker who doesn't usually like this genre, Thanks for taking the time to post.

All the Best

Pete

Ethan Cooper November 29th, 2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buba Kastorski (Post 1592053)

Actually, I think I know what he was getting at. When you look at this piece in a vacuum the edit outshines the shooting. When compared to the edit & music many of the shots felt ordinary. Technically many shots seemed to be blowing out in places although this could have been due to the color grade & I also noticed several shots where some fill light would have been a big help.

Specifically, in the opening shot we're losing bits of the fancy roof of the building & again at :14. I get that it's a very light colored (metal?) roof, but a grad filter might have taken care of that.

My main concerns begin at :58 with the shot of the car. It's a quite unremarkable shot using out of place techniques that just don't feel right here. The slow zoom out and 20% angle feel like the same old shot wedding videographers have been getting of the limo pulling in.

At 1:01 or so there's a series of shots outside with people praying or whatnot & their skin is completely blow out. No clue if this was done in shooting or in the grade but it just doesn't feel right, makes the overall shooting quality feel somewhat lesser than the standard set by the gear used, music selected & edit done.

The stedicam entering the church shot at 1:52 bobbles, again hinting at slightly subpar shooting (when compared to the overall piece).

Consider as a counterpoint the couple's silhouette with sun peeking through & the subsequent shot of the cake. Both are well composed & convey the same epic feel of the production around it. I guess the point is that if you're going to go all out, when something is off it sticks out more.

*The more I look at it, the more I'm convinced that a larger problem might be in the grade. The grade is harsh & makes it feel like the cameras weren't able to handle much dynamic range. What cameras were used?

Something that also threw me in places was the use of zoom which generally is a no-no when going for cinematic. Unless I'm seeing it wrong, you're mixing dollies with zooms at :25. All rules are meant to be broken from time to time & it's true that my personal bias is highly anti-zoom but they just took me out of it when I saw them despite the engaging music & well paced edit.

Again, the overall piece felt great, the music & edit was superb for the style you were after but flaws with the shooting & grade were made all the more apparent by the quality of everything else.