DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Movie Trailer for feature film shot with Canon DSLRs! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/491451-movie-trailer-feature-film-shot-canon-dslrs.html)

Andrew Waite February 8th, 2011 11:32 PM

Movie Trailer for feature film shot with Canon DSLRs!

This is a trailer for my full length feature film shot with Canon DSLRs. Check it out, let me know what you think!

Rochelle Morris February 10th, 2011 05:51 AM

This is absolutely beautiful...OMG

Carl Wilky February 10th, 2011 01:18 PM

Very well put together.... Makes ME want to see the movie.

Angles and shots were well done and the story seems very interesting.

The only part I'm not a big fan of is the old time era of the trailer. It just didn't seem believable enough. I'm not sure if its due to the costumes or the quality/grading of the clips, the items in the scenes, the details in shooting location. It just didn't feel like i was put back in that time. (except the military part, this one had more attention to the little details)

But all in all a VERY good piece and looking forward to watch the final product.

Thank you for sharing

Andrew Waite February 14th, 2011 09:11 PM

Thanks guys! I'm very happy with how it came out considering out budget was only $200K. Period pieces are very hard to do on a budget. :)

Tom Chaney February 16th, 2011 04:30 AM

Excellent. Which bodies did you use?

Keep us updated.

Tom

Asvaldur Kristjansson February 18th, 2011 06:19 PM

Excellent, very cinematic

Aaron Almquist February 18th, 2011 07:30 PM

Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much for posting this. The story and filmmaking were superb. At 0:35 (wide shot with kids by blue truck) which lens were you using? My personal opinion would have been to separate the action from the background giving these "flash back scenes" a slightly softer look.

I have come to realize that with the DSLR revolution there has been an over abundance of shallow depth of field. I really appreciated the lighting and camera movements you employed to best tell the story.

Carl brought up the point of "believability" when taking us back to the old time era. That being said I think what would have "sold" it better would have been some shallower DOF. I felt that throughout the trailer too much was in focus, and distracted me from the true emotion portrayed by the characters.

Never the less this piece has inspired me and again I thank you for sharing it with us.

Respectfully,
Aaron

Andrew Waite February 24th, 2011 06:43 PM

Re: Movie Trailer for feature film shot with Canon DSLRs!

Thanks Aaron!

I believe that lens was the Canon 24 1.4L if memory serves. As far as the DOF goes I agree to an extent. There is certainly a good amount of the desired shallow DOF throughout the film, just not so much in the trailer... the trailer really is more just the elements that tell the story and not quite so much the candy shots. Thanks for the feedback.

Michael Simons February 24th, 2011 07:06 PM

Re: Movie Trailer for feature film shot with Canon DSLRs!

Andrew, this is really nice. It's amazing the look these camera's are capable of if given the time and proper lighting..something we never really have at a wedding.