DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Your input (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/493724-your-input.html)

Dror Levi March 28th, 2011 01:11 PM

Your input

This is a Trailer that shot with a 7D and FX1000.
My self with the 7D and 2nd videographer with the fx1000.
Groom voice was recorded from camera, since 2nd videographer forgot the zoom.
I would love to hear anything that could make this movie near perfect.
what would you do deferent?

Greg Fiske March 28th, 2011 01:59 PM

Re: Your input

I'd lower the music a bit during the voice overs, couldn't really hear/understand the bride. The vignette is a little distracting at times. Maybe some more shots of the couple early on? I think you were trying to create mystery in the beginning but we don't see the couple till the last third of the clip. I think the couple might want more of their day rather than more artistic shots of places and objects? Overall, like the music you chose and feel of the film.

John De Rienzo March 28th, 2011 02:00 PM

Hi Dror,

That was very pleasant and nice to watch. I thought you had put the sequence together extremely well with nice shot selection. We are all looking for the PERFECT sequence so I know what you mean.

You touched on the audio and whilst it was good I think you know it could have been better, but it was in no way a detraction.

Being ultra critical as one does when looking for perfection I noticed a slight jarring of the camera at around 1.22 followed by a dissolve. Are you able to remove that jarring by cutting back a few frames and ask if a dissolve was really necessary.

Great job.

Many thanks.

Sigmund Reboquio March 28th, 2011 02:28 PM

Hi Dror,

If you want it to be perfect:
I would have done:
1:23 vs 1:29 -- maybe match the color?

first dance -- maybe add a closeup shot (if you have one).

but thats just my suggestion
overall it is awesome : )

Dror Levi March 28th, 2011 03:03 PM

John.
I use the dissolve to show time change since they just went down the isle and did not want it to look like they are YoYo.
I did not notice the jarring before but I will fix it.

Sigmund.
Thank you for point it out for me

Greg.

I did go for the mystery on this one and did not want to reveal to much of the day.
I want it to be a teaser and that's why I chose short music.
Just wander if you think that it is to short and lack of information for a trailer\Teaser.

Carl Wilky March 29th, 2011 10:30 PM

I see what Greg is talking about with regards to the vignetting, its a bit overwhelming at times but done tastefully at others section of the highlight.

For me the beauty shots are well balances. It is a highlight after all and doesn't need to be the couple all the time, i think the way you've put it together allows the viewer to understand the location and its surroundings.

I also love the track you have chosen, could i ask you the name of the song and the artist? You can PM me if you prefer.

Well done, looking forward to see more and more of your work.

Thank you for sharing.

Oren Arieli March 29th, 2011 11:26 PM

I'd add that the close up of the groom around 1:09 was a bit severe with the crop. He looked like a floating head and the priest passing behind him was more of a distraction. If you can move his shot higher, show a little neck (at the expense of the top of his head), It would be an improvement. Avoid cropping your shots at a body joint (waist/elbows/neck,knees...etc.). It just looks jarring.
I'd also prefer to see more faces than details, especially on such a short video. It's a tough balance, I know you want to get those beauty shots in there (and those are some nice eye-candy shots). The music you chose lends itself well to voice-overs or natural sound effects. They are powerful cues that add to the emotional impact and the 'realness' of the piece.

Dror Levi March 30th, 2011 09:05 PM

Thank you guys for all the corrections and the constructive criticism.
If there is anyone ells who find more of it, please share it.

Dror Levi April 5th, 2011 09:03 PM

Carl. I emailed you the information a week ago.
Here you go.

Terry Davies & BBC Philharmonic Orchestra
Album: Brideshead Revisited
song: Sebastian