DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Your thoughts on this wedding highlights (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/498293-your-thoughts-wedding-highlights.html)

Joshua Heater July 10th, 2011 11:23 AM

Your thoughts on this wedding highlights

Thought I would throw one up and see what you guys thought.

Greg Fiske July 12th, 2011 11:03 PM

Re: Your thoughts on this wedding highlights

What I noticed:

0:20 The ambient audio is weird here. The song builds up and excited the viewer but then the punch is missing.
-I personally would bump up the contrast to match canon standard rather than have the neutral style show up on the final edit. Mids look a little grey. For example, 2:40, saturation looks like its pumped down to much, they kids flesh tones are not showing up.
-one thing I noticed was that on the tight shots the camera moved and tracked the faces, I would personal not shoot as tight and move the camera less.
-you added ambient sound in the begining, but around 5:06 is where I would have liked to hear some of the noise and seemed a little weird it was missing.

beautiful wedding, love how creative it looked. Great ending.

Jeff Dinges July 13th, 2011 10:47 AM

I think that your particular style of shooting and editing fits well with this wedding. I think the video did a good job of re-creating the mood, and the couple will thank you for that. I'm a believer that when the content is compelling, such as this, with all the nice colors and scenery, a simple cut like this is fine. I would maybe speed up the establishing shots in the beginning and go right into the people/drama quicker. For the particular song you chose (first one, second one kind of tiring IMO), those first few seconds are critical. Maybe even go right into pictures at the onset. It doesn't have to be all linear. For this particular song, you can make the timeline irregular/nonlinear.

my 2 cents, hope I helped.

Sean Nelson July 16th, 2011 12:13 AM

what are you charging for this highlight video?

Joshua Heater July 19th, 2011 12:44 AM

Greg....yeah the audio could use more tweaking. I didn't like how abrupt it cuts out in some of the clips. I would like to grade the videos better but have not got around to honing into those abilities.

Jeff...we took a little extra time to establish shots as the bride did most of the planning and is a wedding/event planner. The video was going to be posted on greenwedding shoes and she mentioned that she wanted detail shots...

Sean....curious as to why you are asking?

Sean Nelson July 19th, 2011 03:28 AM

i like to get a gauge what the market is charging.