DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Italy in Oregon (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/498737-italy-oregon.html)

Aaron Almquist July 22nd, 2011 01:07 PM

Italy in Oregon

This is one of those weddings that when your the only shooter and that moment comes when your in the right place at the right time, and your camera is recording, you say to yourself, this is going to be good :)

I hope everyone enjoys Tom & Ashley's wedding trailer.

Stephen J. Williams July 22nd, 2011 03:03 PM

Re: Italy in Oregon

Aaron...

What a great venue, and even better video... Other then the lack of natural audio, It was a great edit. thanks for posting.

Steve

Don Bloom July 22nd, 2011 03:20 PM

Aaron,
nice job. Just one small thing. When the groom was walking towards the camera in the vineyard (just before the bride) his flower was on the right side, all other shots it was on the left including the shots before when he was waiting at the altar with the officiant. Just wondering why that shot was flipped?
Other than that, well done.

Stephen J. Williams July 22nd, 2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Bloom (Post 1669215)
Aaron,
nice job. Just one small thing. When the groom was walking towards the camera in the vineyard (just before the bride) his flower was on the right side, all other shots it was on the left including the shots before when he was waiting at the altar with the officiant. Just wondering why that shot was flipped?
Other than that, well done.

Impressive attention to detail Don...

Don Bloom July 22nd, 2011 03:41 PM

Thanks but really what it was...I wore my glasses while watching! Sometimes I don't and I miss things like how certain ring shots are done!

O|O
\--/

Aaron Almquist July 22nd, 2011 05:08 PM

Don,

I'm glad you brought this up, because now I can talk about it :) I wanted to give the illusion that the bride and groom were walking towards each other down a long row of vines. The video of the groom is horizontally flipped in post to preserve the sunlight on the right side (camera left) of his face. I had the bride and groom walk from the same spot because I wanted to preserve the length and depth of the vineyard without going to the middle of the row.

Thinking about it now I might reverse the sequence and show the bride walking towards the groom first to lessen the horizontal switch effect.

Thanks again for the encouraging compliments. It means a lot coming from veterans like you and Stephen.

Aaron

Don Bloom July 22nd, 2011 09:27 PM

I understand what you were trying to do but IMO it only looked like the footage got flipped. If they were truely walking towards on anothr from opposite directions the sun would be to the left of one of them and the right of the other. The flower wouldn't be on the opposite side.
Now having said all of that, I don't think most people (non video people) would really notice it but maybe nextime you want to do this effect think about actually having them come together from opposite directions.
anyway, overall nice job!

Greg Fiske July 26th, 2011 09:40 PM

Great job Aaron, the grading really fit the venue.