DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Karin + Martin - Highlights (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/500908-karin-martin-highlights.html)

Ruben Kremer September 20th, 2011 03:21 PM

Karin + Martin - Highlights

This was the first wedding I shot, so I just went along with it during the day - capturing what I could, when I could. In my personal opinion - it came out pretty well.

I'm not a big fan of 'showing off', but I am interested in responses from fellow videographers. I know by now that the couple absolutely loved this highlight reel, but how do you -businessmen- like it?

All shots in this reel have been through a mild color correction and grading process. The shots in the first part are a little more hefty, and I guess a little more dreamy because of it.

Michael Simons September 21st, 2011 09:33 AM

Re: Karin + Martin - Highlights

wow..awesome! great job!

Jawad Mir September 23rd, 2011 07:47 AM

It's awesome and especially for first. Great stuff

Just a little suggestion and as an editor if that's your style you should stick to it but this is what I think

In the beginning, instead of showing decor footage for about 30 odd seconds and then going into bride and groom, it would have been a better pace if you went back and forth from decor to groom to decor to bride. It just becomes more engaging

Well done again

Ruben Kremer September 23rd, 2011 07:52 AM

Thank you both for your kind words - hugely appreciated of course :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jawad Mir (Post 1684142)
(...) In the beginning, instead of showing decor footage for about 30 odd seconds and then going into bride and groom, (...)

Good point, thanks! I'll take that comment with me next time - which I hope there will be ;-)

Greg Fiske September 26th, 2011 10:16 PM

Great job. I still like my first wedding. Maybe there is some desperation to do well and it ends up showing up in the final piece. I think it did with your film. Love the dream focus applied at 0:11. Really fit that shot very well. Was that an add-on or just softness added in post. Like the grading color you picked, fit the event.
:26 great composition
good camera movement.
1:55 is a great shot, especially if that's her dad in the reflection.
2:03, the way I do it personally, outdoors expose for the highlights, indoors expose for skin tones. In post you can recover the highlights outdoors and recover the skin tones using denoiser software. And shoot neutral. Maybe there was just too much and there was no way to recover the highlight on the car.
2:28, micro jitters. You could try mercalli prodad to stabilize the shot, usually the micro jitters are the hardest to fix. Maybe describe your technique at the ceremony and the guys can troubleshoot what might be causing it.
3:27 neubluefx has a good flash remover plugin that can sometimes eliminate flash

Andrew Maclaurin September 27th, 2011 01:25 AM

i personally liked the beginning but the end just faded out without returning to the couple for a kiss or embrace. overall i thought it was a good edit. i'm sure the couple will be pleased.