DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   First destination wedding | germany (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/502383-first-destination-wedding-germany.html)

Luke Oliver November 6th, 2011 10:14 AM

First destination wedding | germany

Chris Hurd November 6th, 2011 10:49 AM

Re: First destination wedding | germany

I greatly appreciate it when a Vimeo clip is posted here, but *please* have something to say about it when you do. The clip itself is not enough. Have something to SAY. Thanks in advance,

Dennis Long November 7th, 2011 07:56 AM

Is it my imagination or is the clip @1:24 running backwards? If so, why?

Luke Oliver November 7th, 2011 05:31 PM

Wow good spot. Think I had smooth cam on it and must have reversed it by mistake.

Jeff Brewer November 11th, 2011 11:10 AM

Hey Luke, overall I thought the cinematography and flow were really good. A few things that jumped out at me were that I wished to hear some natural sound throughout the film, the dancing footage paired with the music was a bit off beat, and the fireworks shot during preparation was out of place. I LOVED the balloon shots and I can tell you pre-conceived those ideas before the event even happened. That is certainly the best way to get epic shots of those moments. Great job!

Joe Thompson November 11th, 2011 04:46 PM

Luke, I'm mesmerised by this trailer. Really inspiration stuff for a newbie such as me. Well done. Some clever transitions at the start, but i just love the fade during the fireworks, where you can see the couple's reaction.

Luke Oliver November 12th, 2011 08:07 AM

Thanks, only my second year shooting weddings so plenty to learn :)

Jeremy White November 14th, 2011 07:31 PM

Overall - AWESOME job. You had some really creative shots in here!

I felt the shot at :34 was a bit long.

:51 This transition is just incredible. One thing though: The garden footage kinda "pops" out at the :55 mark. I think there's a way to smooth this out some.

1:05 slight wobbles on this shot - again, I'm being picky :)

1:12 I wish I didn't see the guy's rear end here.

Dang: this thing keeps getting better and better! You've got mad skills man.

Ben Creighton November 15th, 2011 07:21 PM

I hate this trailer. Hate it.

Because I used to think I was a pretty good videographer/editor. Then I watched this.

Damn, dude - mad skills! Awesome work, reverse clip notwithstanding.

Seriously, this is the kinda stuff that will make me become better. I do agree with Chris - give us something to look for or expect. You gotta set it up for us first.

This is really excellent conceptualizing and planning, then perfectly executed, I'd say.

You suck dude. LOL

Jordan Brindle December 3rd, 2011 06:41 PM

Probably the best bit of work i have seen on here since i joined up in 09. Mesmerizing, beautiful, the music, cinematography, transitions! I can tell a lot of thought and planning went into this, and it paid off. Simply superb mate.

Luke Oliver December 4th, 2011 01:53 PM

Wow I never expected this kind of feedback I know there's improvements to be made but it's forums like this and kind words that make us better at what we do. Thank you for all the kind words.

Luke