DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Key West Wedding - Behind the Scenes (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/517649-key-west-wedding-behind-scenes.html)

Eric Coughlin July 8th, 2013 12:14 PM

Key West Wedding - Behind the Scenes

This is various behind the scenes footage from filming a destination wedding in Key West, Florida. Most of the footage is from us packing, traveling, shooting the day before the wedding, as well as preparations the day of the wedding. During the ceremony and reception we were mostly too busy getting our primary shots to worry about behind the scenes. All in all, it was a fun shoot.

And here, the resulting wedding film...

James Manford July 8th, 2013 01:10 PM

Re: Key West Wedding - Behind the Scenes

That 'behind the scenes' video will be a fantastic marketing tool to place on your website (if you haven't already) ...

Shows the equipment, effort and skills required to get the job done! And that's just the filming part ... not to mention all the editing!

Good stuff guys!

Adrian Tan July 11th, 2013 09:18 AM

I was pretty impressed by the vertical slides. What sort of tripod are you using to get the 90 degree tilt, if you don't mind my asking?

Eric Coughlin July 12th, 2013 07:12 AM

Thanks!

The tripod is a basic Manfrotto 055XB legs with a 503 head. Yeah, it's cool you can do smooth vertical slides on the Kessler Stealth (thanks to drag control) without the need for an additional counterweight system like the Cinevate has. I really like the Stealth.

Art Varga July 12th, 2013 09:04 AM

very well done! Nice pacing and shot selection - you really told the story nicely. Like the BTS too!

Art

Kevin Lewis July 13th, 2013 12:28 PM

Fantastic! I really enjoyed the BTS. This type of video shows just how much work goes into producing this type of production. Did you shoot 24 or 30p?

Eric Coughlin July 14th, 2013 01:16 AM

It was shot in 30p. I now shoot all of my videos in 24p, though.

Victor Nguyen July 14th, 2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin (Post 1804605)
It was shot in 30p. I now shoot all of my videos in 24p, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin (Post 1804412)
Thanks!

The tripod is a basic Manfrotto 055XB legs with a 503 head. Yeah, it's cool you can do smooth vertical slides on the Kessler Stealth (thanks to drag control) without the need for an additional counterweight system like the Cinevate has. I really like the Stealth.

I'm about to buy the stealth. What options did you pick with it?

Eric Coughlin July 14th, 2013 08:45 PM

I got the All-Terrain Outrigger Feet and Kessler Flat Mount Adapter (which you need to mount a head to the slider); I always use a Manfrotto 701 Head on the slider. I used to always have the all terrain legs on, but found it made the unit unnecessarily bulky and heavy when not needed (such as for tripod mounted slides), so now I only use it when on rough terrain.

For awhile I was going back and forth between getting the two foot or three foot version, and I'm glad I went with the two foot version. I was using a Konova Slider before the Stealth and never liked it; too wobbly, plus no drag control. The Key West shoot here was actually my first shoot with the Stealth. Here is a more recent video I shot where about half of the shots are with the Stealth.

Victor Nguyen July 14th, 2013 09:41 PM

Thank you so much. You told me everything I need to know. I have the Konova right now and It has so many problems. Also Glad to know that you liked the 2 feet version better.