DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   No Ceremony / No Prep ... just good old fashion Love! My best work ever! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/517800-no-ceremony-no-prep-just-good-old-fashion-love-my-best-work-ever.html)

Kelly Langerak July 16th, 2013 02:44 PM

No Ceremony / No Prep ... just good old fashion Love! My best work ever!

Thank you for watching~

Adrian Tan July 16th, 2013 07:10 PM

Re: No Ceremony / No Prep ... just good old fashion Love! My best work ever!

Hey Kelly, thanks for posting!

Why was there no footage of ceremony and prep, by the way? Did that particular religion (is it Mormonism?) forbid cameras at these times?

Just wanted to mention some things I thought were interesting, from a shooter's point of view:

-- 1:00: I don't think I've seen anyone try to do a stop motion with bonbonierres (doing it with bride/groom accessories seems more common).
-- 7:04: this one surprised me -- the "freeze time" during the photoshoot. This is how it was done in the movie Green Hornet, by the way -- freezing time in camera.
-- 8:19: jump cuts of groomsmen close-ups here I thought was kind of interesting. Have never tried to do this sort of thing before.

Another general thing: the slider shots are often just a little bit more complex than normal, so I thought that was interesting. Instead of straight horizontal reveals, there's usually some sort of pull focus or tilt or pan involved. Same sort of principle with the ring shot at the end (9:25) -- lazy susan + pull focus, instead of lazy susan alone.

Daniel Latimer July 17th, 2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian Tan (Post 1804953)
-- 7:04: this one surprised me -- the "freeze time" during the photoshoot. This is how it was done in the movie Green Hornet, by the way -- freezing time in camera.

I really enjoyed this. I agree, this was a really cool idea!

Kelly Langerak July 17th, 2013 11:12 AM

Thanks guys for watching and for taking the time to comment!

The slider is so boring in my opinion unless you use it differently then what I usually see.

The freeze shot was something I thought of when I saw the groomsmen drinking beer during the photo shoot and thought I wish I could freeze the beer floating from the can into their mouths. Couldn't find a way to do it so I came up with this instead. As far as I know I'm only one that has done this. I call it "The Matrix" shot.

I've also been implementing stop motion into my films because it adds a different feel to the film, but rarely does it fit in with the rest of the film and to the music. I've done it for other weddings in the past but it just didn't work or fit the film, so I don't promise clients I will do it.

If you wanna follow my future project you can do so here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shake...s/317992852716

Best,
Shakewell Studios

Victor Nguyen July 20th, 2013 05:08 PM

I agree with everything Adrian said. You used many techniques that are not common in wedding films and I give you props for that.

Al Gardner July 20th, 2013 07:40 PM

Really nice work. it's going to be painful to watch a year or two of everybody copying it though.:)

Kelly Langerak July 21st, 2013 07:38 PM

Thank you again for the nice comments!

Adrian, no cameras are allowed in the church for Mormon ceremonies and the part where they make it official is in a private room with the priest (that's what I was told) We didn't film the prep cause they started too early for us, but I'm glad I didn't cause prep can be boring especially to people on this forum who see these videos all the time.