DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Wedding Highlight - Cheesy or not? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/519521-wedding-highlight-cheesy-not.html)

Art Varga October 16th, 2013 08:06 PM

Wedding Highlight - Cheesy or not?

I swore to myself I would never include any hokey animated effects in my wedding videos but I broke my rule for this one. It was very fun couple and so I decided to set up a green screen and let them be playful. It made for a few fun shots to interject into the video. The couple loved it but I'm still feeling a little guilty. Did I just create a "cheesy" wedding video?

Art

Taky Cheung October 16th, 2013 08:29 PM

Re: Wedding Highlight - Cheesy or not?

It was all good until the butterfly.. haha!

Seriously, very good fun edit. I can feel that they are a fun couple. Must be a fun day for you to work on too. Love the upbeat pace too. However, lack of natural audio is a bummer. You might also consider getting music licensed for this kind of work from themusicbed.com or songfreedom.com.

Art Varga October 16th, 2013 08:43 PM

Thanks Taky - what? the butterflies were my favorite part:) Actually the song was licensed through Songfreedom.

Art

James Manford October 16th, 2013 11:32 PM

Nice fun creative edit ... it's not cheesy because the rest of the video is your run of the mill 'cine' style.

I think the couple will love it!

Noa Put October 17th, 2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art Varga (Post 1817196)
The couple loved it

That's all that matters and I didn't find it cheesy at all, I found it more fun then the parts that didn't include the effects :) Looked like a music videoclip.

Dave Blackhurst October 17th, 2013 02:55 AM

There's good cheese and there's bad cheese - that was some good cheese!! Light, fun, happy, guaranteed to put a smile on yer face, what more could you want? Perhaps a glass of wine to go with it?

Daniel Latimer October 17th, 2013 07:11 AM

As long as the couple loved it then it works!

Off topic a bit: The shot coming out of the bag and rotating at about 5 seconds in was really smooth. Did you do anything special to get that shot?

Art Varga October 17th, 2013 10:24 AM

Thanks all for the feedback! Daniel - nothing special on the bag shot, It was hand held. I just did a lot of takes and picked the smoothest one.

Art

Art Varga October 17th, 2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taky Cheung (Post 1817200)
Seriously, very good fun edit. I can feel that they are a fun couple. Must be a fun day for you to work on too. Love the upbeat pace too. However, lack of natural audio is a bummer. You might also consider etting music licensed for this kind of work from themusicbed.com or songfreedom.com.

Taky - when I post a video on Vimeo or on my blog, I always include the licensing info in the description of the post. After your comment it occurred to me that the description may not always be visible if it's embedded elsewhere. Then yesterday facebook rejected my upload because of invalid licensing. Before I submitted the appeal to FB I checked with Songfreedom and read their licensing instructions more carefully, I didn't realize that you are supposed to include the "license slide" in the video itself. The license slide states that the video was used by permission and credits the performer, record company and publisher. Not sure if it's the same with Music Bed - I have to check. Anyway I learned something new.

Art

James Hobert October 17th, 2013 01:43 PM

Fun stuff. Yeah, wish I could've heard the scream when that guy waxed his legs. Ha! Outside that, it was a very unique fun video that appeared to "fit" that couple. Brave work using sun backgrounds and butterflies but it made more sense than normal the way you used it.

Robert Benda October 17th, 2013 06:20 PM

I actually liked it. Though not so much that short earlier part that included the rays around the guys in the hallway, but it makes a great ending.