DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Becky + Matt /// Wedding Film Trailer /// Manalapan, NJ (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/520825-becky-matt-wedding-film-trailer-manalapan-nj.html)

Chad Andreo December 30th, 2013 02:49 PM

Becky + Matt /// Wedding Film Trailer /// Manalapan, NJ

BLOG POST - Becky + Matt /// Wedding Film Trailer /// Manalapan, NJ - Modern Wedding Photography and Cinematography - South Florida and NYC. Family Event and Portrait Photography and Videography by Andreo Studio

Tim Bakland December 30th, 2013 09:14 PM

Re: Becky + Matt /// Wedding Film Trailer /// Manalapan, NJ

Hi, Chad,

I see the video, but I didn't catch what you were looking for in feedback/critique...

Chad Andreo December 31st, 2013 04:08 AM

Thanks for taking the time to look at the video.
I am very interested in hearing any feedback(good or bad) from the members of this forum that I can use for the future.

Tim Bakland December 31st, 2013 05:30 PM

Beautiful work! Nice narrative, nice shots, and cool framing (ex: waist up w/ lots of sky). I liked the dance twirl outdoor-to-indoor transition.

Only comment: when the mother comes back in for the second glimpse of the toast at 2:48 or so, skip over the "ummm" and go straight to her comment.

Fine stuff.

Matt Thomas January 11th, 2014 05:47 PM

What Cameras were you using?

Nice video, btw.

Adrian Tan January 13th, 2014 08:21 PM

Hey Chad, looks pretty much perfect to me. Really interested to hear, though -- what do you criticise about it, or how might you be looking to improve it?

Random comments:

* Loved the mirror sliding shot of the bride at 1:20.

* Liked that you saved climactic moments for the end (kiss, cake cut).

* Nothing wrong with waist-high framing in my book. I'm looking at the slider shot at 2:07. In fact, it's precisely because it breaks the rules about cropping people at the joints and it's non-standard that it's interesting.

* Steadicam guy during the processional -- you see his shadow and then you see him; but then he moves for the pageboy "Here comes the bride" shot (hiding behind guests, concealing shadow), so I'm pretty sure both you and he were aware of it.

* Steadicam missed focus during first dance, but given that it's a dark reception, probably not all that much you can do about it.

* Chronologically, slightly strange to see empty-reception-room shots (for instance, the slider of details on the table at 3:21) after you've already seen a full reception room. Replace with candid shots instead?

* Could you have used a tripod for reaction shots of the couple during the speeches?

James Stevens January 14th, 2014 03:58 PM

I really liked it! The only criticism I can give is sometimes I think the music mix was a little loud so I was struggling to hear some of the speeches/sermon because there were lyrics in the music, I would have been inclined to put those moments over instrumental only and have lyrics where there is no sound, but thats just me.