DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Latest trailer, complete with phantom aerials! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/524568-latest-trailer-complete-phantom-aerials.html)

Michael Eggerton August 19th, 2014 08:43 PM

Latest trailer, complete with phantom aerials!

Here's the latest trailer we cut. A pretty basic church wedding, but I feel like I've gotten MUCH better with the Phantom after having it for about 7 months now.

Always looking to improve, so any input is appreciated!

Shot on all c100s, graded in resolve.

Craig McKenna August 26th, 2014 06:34 PM

Re: Latest trailer, complete with phantom aerials!

Michael, great work!

The opening timelapse is nice, but I like the slider shots that seemingly get better as the opening scenes unfold...

What really shines in the early stages of the trailer for me though, is the nice guitar strumming matched by the equally brilliant speech from the officiant/vicar.

I really like your aerial shots too... they add "a lot of production value" as people say, but I actually think your audio shines at least as much, as well as your other shots... but maybe that's just my preference... I quite like aerials to start the film, but once I'm in the story, I don't want to be pulled away from it... not that this was the case in your film, I didn't feel detached at any point, but it's something to be wary of, I guess... not that my opinion counts for much being an amateur.

The close ups of the flowers that the girls are holding and the shot at 00:45 with the pillars off to the left of the frame and the girls positioned in the middle works really well.

I also like how you've set up the first look and the moment the bride tries to touch him from round the corner - nice touch, followed by the vows that he's reading and the audio of the bride speaking to the viewer at the same time - but maybe would be better with the groom's thoughts and words considering how he's the one holding the vows? Again, I'm just as happy listening to her vows... the message and story aspects are clear.

Really enjoy American films for the storyline that the bride and groom create for their videographers, as well as how well the videographers seem to capture the audio too. But the bride and groom always seem to be sharing their ever-deepening love and belief in God, which I also find captivating and fulfilling - not that I'm particularly religious myself - it's just always great to see.

Ultimately, I think you've done a great job! But maybe others can give you more constructive criticism!

Adrian Tan August 26th, 2014 06:56 PM

Thought the ending was quite powerful. Maybe it's the idea that the whole day, or the whole story of the couple, is encapsulated in that one look between each other.

Kyle Root August 28th, 2014 09:29 AM

Very nice everything!

Noa Put August 28th, 2014 01:44 PM

The phantom shots look very nice and stable, is the use of such a copter not very limited at a wedding? Beside a shot of the venue, do you use it during the photoshoot or in other occasions?

Andrew Maclaurin September 4th, 2014 04:10 PM

Nice video. Interesting seeing the aerial shot. Is it not a bit of a hassle dragging a drone around at a wedding?
I have another question, the aerial shot shows a big empty carpark. Is that just for the church? It seems a bit spooky seeing such a vast place empty. I was half expecting a zombie attack ;)

Kevin Lewis September 5th, 2014 04:10 PM

Looks good! What picture profile did you use? Also, was that 24P or 30PF?