DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Yet Another 'Save the Date' Video... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/108909-yet-another-save-date-video.html)

Ian Lim November 27th, 2007 12:27 AM

Yet Another 'Save the Date' Video...

Yet another 'Save the Date' video... shot using Canon HV20 + Brevis:

http://www.vimeo.com/373549

Err, please ignore that crappy title at the end of the video :)

Sean Seah November 27th, 2007 06:47 AM

Nice job. Quite film like i think. Looks like a 25P work with Brevis.. rite?

Zach Stewart November 27th, 2007 07:47 AM

I really liked it! Did you shoot this months before the wedding and them send it out as an actual "save the date" video, or is it shot the day of the wedding and put onto DVD with the rest of the videos? A little on the long side and a bit too much hand held shakiness for my taste, but at the same time I really enjoyed it. Good work!

Mike Oveson November 27th, 2007 10:15 AM

Overall I liked it. There were some shots that were a little soft, but that's probably partially due to the compression. Nice work with the Brevis and the tone of the video.

Victor Kellar November 27th, 2007 06:31 PM

Really enjoyed that. Image, editing everything very nice but, for me, what really worked, is how the personalities seem to come right thru the screen. That is the combination of emotion and art that makes an outstanding wedding video

Peter Szilveszter November 27th, 2007 11:22 PM

Excellent job, some great compositions.

What other equpiment did you have with the cam other then the Brevis?

Matt Duke November 28th, 2007 06:33 AM

That was really well done. I haven't seen a Save the Date where they are already dressed up however. Was that the actual dress the bride wore on the day?

I am trying to offer this service to my clients, however in addition to their 'custom made invites' they are seemingly reluctant to then pay another $4-5 dollars per DVD plus postage to send to their guests. It is easy to do with a duplicator like the Bravo ones etc. Plus I see it as a great way to advertise to potentially 100 people you previously wouldn't have had the opportunity.

How do people tend to charge this service? Cheap so its like a marketing tool, or as an extra for a few hundred dollars or more?

Ian Lim November 28th, 2007 09:57 PM

Sorry for the late reply, been out of town :D Thanks for your comments!

Nope, that wasn't the actual dress she wore on the day, she has another one:)

No other equipment except a monopod and an external monitor (7inch IKAN which isn't apropriate for HD monitoring)

Yes, that's 25P :)

I shot this just 1 month before the wedding :)

Yang Wen November 28th, 2007 10:12 PM

beautiful work!

Did you shoot it with the image upside down? I really want to upgrade to HDV and the HV20+adapter seems like a great alternative to something like a XHA1 for videos where live audio is unimportant. Which lenses did you use?

I'd love to see this in HD! :D

Brian Luce November 28th, 2007 10:23 PM

I don't quite understand these videos. Why do you call them "Save the date"?
And these videos are shot right after you're hired to give the customers something to chew on? How does it work?

Yang Wen November 29th, 2007 09:19 AM

Ian: What song was this? I typed some lyrics into google and nothing comes up...

Sean Seah November 29th, 2007 10:52 AM

Ian, could u share how u CC the footage? I'm trying to get the sort of film look but I haven been successful.

Ian Lim November 30th, 2007 05:45 AM

I shot it with an external monitor which was upside down. I'm using Nikon lenses 24mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 2.0 and 105mm 2.8. The HV20+adapter is great for outdoor shooting, but not indoor, unless you have tons of lights :)

The song is 'Simply' by Dewi Lestari, an Indonesian female singer. It's a rare song, actually

The CC was done using Vegas and Magic Bullet

Terry Taravella December 1st, 2007 06:20 PM

Very beautiful!

A little long but well worth it. Thanks for sharing, your work is fabulous!

Jason Magbanua December 2nd, 2007 07:00 AM

Ditto Terry, a bit long for a save-the-date but i love your colors and composition. great song too!

can't wait tto seem more of your work.

Ian Lim December 2nd, 2007 11:00 AM

Thanks again guys... thanks again Sir Jason :)

I agree, it's a bit long for 'save the date'. Actually before that version, I have edited a shorter duration of the song...:)