DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Check out my new website (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/109732-check-out-my-new-website.html)

Paul Gallagher December 7th, 2007 04:51 PM

Check out my new website

If you could take the time to view my new web-site and let me know what does and doesn't work on it as it is still being worked on, would be great.

Thanks for looking

Paul
www.pgvideos.co.uk

John Miller December 7th, 2007 05:51 PM

I like it - a lot. I usually find wedding videographers' websites quite cheesy. Yours is refreshingly elegant.

Some general observations from first impressions:

It is all Flash-based which can pose a problem for people on slow internet connections. The UK has excellent broadband infrastructure so that may not be too much of an issue.

The fade-in of the colour is very nice. There is a delay of a couple of seconds before it starts - I would make it start earlier.

The fade-in of the menu items and the swipe transitions from one section to another are somewhat "jerky" - this may be due to using a low frame rate to keep the size of the Flash file small.

I'm not sure if the serif font for the menu works with the sans-serif font for the main text.

Jacob Walker December 7th, 2007 05:51 PM

Hey Paul site looks good. I clicked around probably about 80% of the site watched some samples with no problems using internet explorer 7.

Good luck.

Ian Broadbent December 7th, 2007 06:01 PM

Like it, especially the transition from monachrome to colour :)

Mark Williams December 7th, 2007 07:01 PM

Paul,

Really nice site. I have a screen size of 1024x768 and I have to scroll your pages a little to the right to see all of it. I prefer to have it centered up so everthing is visable w/o scrolling. Scolling down is ok. I am using explorer 7. Might be a page resizing issue on your end unless you intended for it to look this way.

Vid clips look good although the "Love story" looks like it was encoded at a much lower bitrate than the others. Might be worth it to re-encode at a higher bit rate. Load up speed was good on AT&T DSL light.

Hope this helps,

Paul Gallagher December 8th, 2007 02:43 AM

Thank you all for taking the time to take a look at it and I will address al of your comments to try and put them right.

Thanks again

Taky Cheung December 8th, 2007 03:14 AM

I saw some of the video clips. Good job! But just out of curiosity, are you shooting in 4:3 but not 16:9?

Richard Wakefield December 8th, 2007 04:51 AM

nice looking site mate :)

Carl Middleton December 8th, 2007 09:57 AM

Gee, thanks, now I've been reminded how much I need to fix up my website... ;)

Looks good!

Carl

Robert Bec December 8th, 2007 05:33 PM

I need to scroll up and down and across is it just me has anyone else noticed this that should be fixed.

Being a flash site your site should always have some room on either side and top and bottom that way it looks more professional.

Down the bottom where it has copyright info it is half on the black line you should fix it

Cheers

Rob.

Jim Michael December 8th, 2007 05:46 PM

All I get is a white screen after a lengthy load time. Suspect you're not looking at the flash version to see if you support it.

Terry Taravella December 9th, 2007 02:03 PM

I love your perfect day clip!

Were you the first videographer to incorporate that song that way?
I remember seeing one a long time ago using that song and most of the shots were head shots against a blank wall and I absolutely loved the idea, but that song is not popular in New Orleans, LA.