DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   How do you guys handle a live video feed request? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/114076-how-do-you-guys-handle-live-video-feed-request.html)

Noel Lising October 1st, 2008 12:08 PM

Hi Jason,

Yup that would be a roving camera, normally he gets the brunt of the shoot as he/she has to hand carry and be very mobile. The mini-dv decks would be stand alone recorders, 2nd deck would start recording when there's a minute left (tape wise) in deck 1. For back-ups each Camera can do an Independent record as well.

I have no experience recording straight to PC at all.

Jason Robinson October 1st, 2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noel Lising (Post 945640)
Hi Jason,

Yup that would be a roving camera, normally he gets the brunt of the shoot as he/she has to hand carry and be very mobile. The mini-dv decks would be stand alone recorders, 2nd deck would start recording when there's a minute left (tape wise) in deck 1. For back-ups each Camera can do an Independent record as well.

I tried it a few weeks ago. Worked pretty well, though was major hassle to tear down the office, setup on location, tear down at location, and re-setup back in the office.

Jason Robinson October 1st, 2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noel Lising (Post 945640)
Hi Jason,

I also assume you have some device that transmits the eng cameras signal to the switcher. Care to share what it is?

Noel Lising October 1st, 2008 01:55 PM

Hi Jason,

All cameras are wired.

I read your post about recording directly to PC, it's good you recorded to tape as well.

Jason Robinson October 1st, 2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noel Lising (Post 945697)
Hi Jason,

All cameras are wired.

I read your post about recording directly to PC, it's good you recorded to tape as well.

Backups. I'm all about backups.

So how does a roaming camera op on a steadicam get their feed back to the mixer via a wired connection with out that completely screwing with the balance of the system? Or was the roaming op not part of the live mix?

Noel Lising October 1st, 2008 02:31 PM

Hey Jason,

I was thinking of the ENG guy shooting without a stabilizer, shooting using a shoulder mounted camera. Adding a stabilizer to the mix would be a challenge, you have to run down the cable along the stabilizer ( 2 cables if you're using component, one for the clearcom and one for the camera), you also need a wrangler for the cable. It would be a PAIN.

Jason Robinson October 1st, 2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noel Lising (Post 945714)
Hey Jason,

I was thinking of the ENG guy shooting without a stabilizer, shooting using a shoulder mounted camera. Adding a stabilizer to the mix would be a challenge, you have to run down the cable along the stabilizer ( 2 cables if you're using component, one for the clearcom and one for the camera), you also need a wrangler for the cable. It would be a PAIN.

Ok a shoulder mounted system made more sense. I recently ran across a coax broadcaster to send the video + audio signal to a receiver. Very interesting. The price was only $100 or so, and would substantially pump up the mobility & utility of a live broadcast.