DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Movie Trailer Music (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/117244-movie-trailer-music.html)

Jessica Gourdine March 18th, 2008 07:42 AM

Movie Trailer Music

Does anyone know where I can get music from a movie trailer? Like the 30 sec spots that are advertised on tv. No movie in particular, I'm just looking for a site that will allow me to browse and choose when I find something I like. Thanx.

Vince Lucena March 18th, 2008 07:50 AM

I use Digital Juice http://www.digitaljuice.com/products...p?cid=1&pvid=8 StaxxTraxx, each score is broken down into 15sec, 30sec, 60sec and 3:00min. always look for their Deal of the Day as you can get each catalog for $9.99 instead of $69.00

Tim Miller March 18th, 2008 08:08 AM

VideoCopilot has a sound effects DVD specically for movie trailers. It's not music really but it has the whooshes, etc. that you hear in a lot of trailers.

www.videocopilot.net

Bill Grant March 18th, 2008 11:07 AM

Hey Jessica,
Where are you in SC? I'm in Columbia but do work all over the state. Good to see someone else from SC on here.
I get my soundtrack music from a lot of sources, but the primary producer of stuff you actually hear in trailers is X-Ray Dog. If you do a search for him you will usually find what you are looking for. He did Chronicles of Narnia, Pirates of the carribean, etc. Good luck, this music is fun to edit to...
Other searches could be...
E.S. Posthumus
Immediate music,
Or try searching for a particular movie trailer you like and you should run accross some interesting hits...
Bill Grant

Renton Maclachlan March 18th, 2008 01:22 PM

Try Sony Cinescore and make your own any time you want, as short or as long as you want...

Jessica Gourdine March 18th, 2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Grant (Post 844468)
Hey Jessica,
Where are you in SC? I'm in Columbia but do work all over the state. Good to see someone else from SC on here.
I get my soundtrack music from a lot of sources, but the primary producer of stuff you actually hear in trailers is X-Ray Dog. If you do a search for him you will usually find what you are looking for. He did Chronicles of Narnia, Pirates of the carribean, etc. Good luck, this music is fun to edit to...
Other searches could be...
E.S. Posthumus
Immediate music,
Or try searching for a particular movie trailer you like and you should run accross some interesting hits...
Bill Grant

Hey Bill,

I'm in Charleston. Haven't started doing work over the state yet but I look forward to the challenge. I have a wedding in Columbia next weekend though; I still have a lot of learning to do so if you want to stop by and critique....lol.

I went to xray dog and he has exactly what I'm looking for. PERFECT! But it says that the music is not for sale to the public. How do I purchase it?

Thanks for all the replies thus far.

Bill Grant March 18th, 2008 06:59 PM

Hey Jessica,
Feel free to contact me any time. I am trying to get a PVA started here, so I could definately add you to the list. best way is bill@grantphotovideo.com Where are shooting in Cola?
Bill

Jason Donaldson March 18th, 2008 08:27 PM

About a year ago, I purchased a home which was in foreclosure. Up in the attic, I found a huge duffell bag of cd's...I'm taking maybe 200-300 cd's. Anyway, 28 of them happened to be X-Ray Dog cd's...wasn't sure what they were at the time, but kept them and only rcently decided to give them a listen....I just assumed it was some kind of rap or something.

Jessica Gourdine March 25th, 2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Grant (Post 844705)
Hey Jessica,
Feel free to contact me any time. I am trying to get a PVA started here, so I could definately add you to the list. best way is bill@grantphotovideo.com Where are shooting in Cola?
Bill

Hey Bill,
Sure, add me to the list. :-)

We're shooting at a church called Trinity Baptist; it's in Cayce.

Jason,

Rap would've been my first guess too. Too bad for whoever left all those cd's there; one man's trash is another's treasure right?

Jason Donaldson March 26th, 2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica Gourdine (Post 848274)
Jason,

Rap would've been my first guess too. Too bad for whoever left all those cd's there; one man's trash is another's treasure right?

You said it Jessica.

Chris Sigmon April 4th, 2008 01:41 PM

Another SC Videographer

Hey Guys....

I'm in Spartanburg.... would consider a drive to Cola for PVA meeting....