DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Teaser - My very own wedding! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/119533-teaser-my-very-own-wedding.html)

Allen Plowman April 17th, 2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau (Post 862385)
Hi Ram,

Should you decide to add in Shania Twain for the opening please remove our name from the post, I would feel bad seeing our shots abused like that :)

I might need to add something like that to my contracts...

Randy Panado April 17th, 2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau (Post 862385)
Hi Ram,

Should you decide to add in Shania Twain for the opening please remove our name from the post, I would feel bad seeing our shots abused like that :)

It is your call though, no pressure lol

Just took a look at your site, no wonder the comment ;). I didn't know who I was talking to.

Not to detract from Ram's video, I'll send you an email on this issue.

Thanks

Ram Purad April 17th, 2008 04:05 PM

Pat,

Don't panic! I'm not gonna use Shania Twain; Instead, I'm planning on using "I will always love you" by Whitney Houston ;-)

Randy,

Thanks for your suggestion. But I don't think letting Shania and the Priest fight for the attention of the viewer for the first part isn't a good idea. It will be distracting for the viewer when different tracks of voices are played at the same time (even if one is set at a lower level). Plus, I want to personalize my wedding video as much as possible, that's one of the reasons I've used priest's voice in the beginning. And finally, the song you mentioned is overly used at weddings and wedding videos. It's a great song don't get me wrong, but it is not to my taste.

I can understand why Pat got freaked out when you mentioned Shania's name. If you check some of his videos, you will know his song selection ability is unmatched. That's one of the reasons why he is part of the Top 25 dream team.

Randy Panado April 17th, 2008 04:11 PM

Ram -

Fully understand :). I don't have access to the musical score Pat and most of you have so I usually have to make due with great (but VERY overused) songs. I could only suggest with what I know and up to this point, my wedding editing has been limited to songs that are well known.

Personalizing videos is something I'm striving for at this time and which is the reason why I am here learning. I can only hope to reach Pat's level and achieve that top 25 in my lifetime.

Given the situation, I'll admit using Shania's song would be a giant step backward. However, the style in which the song begins and starts is what I was ultimately eluding to.

Thanks and congrats on your wedding!

Yang Wen April 17th, 2008 11:36 PM

I agree, I give good videographers credit for their music selection as much as the images they shot.. many times even more for the music selection..

Travis Cossel April 18th, 2008 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy Panado (Post 862404)
What's wrong with Shania Twain? From what everyone has been saying, your shots in the intro are currently not mixing well with the priest or rather is it the priest isn't mixing well with your shots? My suggestion was to get a track that would HELP appreciate your shots better, not "devalue them" by putting them with an artist you dislike :).

I think Patrick was kidding around, but I could be wrong.