DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   New Business Launch + Demo Video + First SDE (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/125444-new-business-launch-demo-video-first-sde.html)

Douglas Thigpen July 9th, 2008 09:14 AM

Great SDE, especially based on it being your first 'real' one. If you were in SoCal, I'd hire you to do my wedding next July based on it.

Matthew Ebenezer July 9th, 2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Szilveszter (Post 904725)
Thats a crazy day, I can imagine how much of a rush it would be seeing everyone's reaction on the night. Did the clients pay for this service or is this something you wanted to do as a bonus for them and well for your self too?

Hey Peter,

We were hired for this wedding already - and decided it would be a great opportunity to do our first SDE so we did it as a bonus. The groom kept it as a surprise from the bride and guests - that way if it all went pear-shaped then it wasn't a great loss.

Cheers,

Matthew.

Matthew Ebenezer July 9th, 2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Magbanua (Post 904509)
Hey Matt, I watched the demo and your images are awesome. The way you grade your video, the greens and blules - eyepopping!

Loved the staircase shot, reminded me of this award winning photo by Ryan Schembri (your fellow Aussie).

Thanks for sharing!

PS - Shadowplay - are all your collaterals/ads/marketing materials BW? I felt the last graphic with your name (despite your company name) begged for color, at least in the typeface or the bokeh. Just an opinion ;)

Thanks Jason - it means a lot coming from a champion like yourself!

Good point on our corporate image ... it's something I'd been thinking about but it had slipped off my to do list. We want the black and white to look classy ... but sometimes it can look boring so a splash of colour somewhere is a great idea.

Cheers,

Matthew.

Matthew Ebenezer July 9th, 2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau (Post 904942)
Awesome stuff Matt. It is great to see such quality in both photo and video- it can really take you a long way.

All the best,

Patrick

Thanks Patrick! You guys have set an awesome example with StillMotion - keep raising the bar mate!

Cheers,

Matthew.

Michael Y Wong July 9th, 2008 10:43 PM

Great Stuffs Matt!

Very impressive for a first SDE with that level fo steadicam, voiceover and colour correction work. Thanks for sending me the link.

Best of luck!

Matthew Ebenezer July 10th, 2008 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Y Wong (Post 905311)
Very impressive for a first SDE with that level fo steadicam, voiceover and colour correction work. Thanks for sending me the link.

Best of luck!

Thanks Michael! Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Matthew.