DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Highlights Clip (from a nice little Barn in the UK!) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/126289-highlights-clip-nice-little-barn-uk.html)

Richard Wakefield July 20th, 2008 12:08 PM

blimey, that's a full on glitch with Vimeo - they must be pretty terrrified in the Vimeo headquarters right now!

Dean Fairburn July 20th, 2008 01:18 PM

Hi Richard,

Saw your highlights clip before vimeo bombed out. Thought the colour work was excellent. Music suited the edit perfectly (or vice-versa!) and I'm sure the couple were over the moon.

Is the star shine a software plugin or hardware? Love the effect - very tasteful.

Dean.

Day To Remember Videos
www.daytoremembervideos.com

Tony Spring July 21st, 2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Wakefield (Post 909685)
i'll tell u which celeb but then i will have to shoot you: it was the gorgeous singer Jamelia and footballer Darren

Never heard of them.. ;)

Richard Wakefield July 21st, 2008 01:56 AM

yeah, and i turned down another couple to do theirs too....i think their names were wayne and coleen or something? ;)

John De Rienzo July 21st, 2008 05:25 AM

Never heard of them.. ;)....

They must be some kind of SUPERSTAR!

Filming celeb wedding soon at Westminster using 4 cameras and crew and to say I am nervous is an understatement!

Cheers.

John De Rienzo

Richard Wakefield July 21st, 2008 07:28 AM

haha, u can't say that and not say who :)

PM me if u can't say publically!! really pleased for ya, u'll have a blast!

Jason Robinson July 21st, 2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Wakefield (Post 909566)
Hi all,
I haven't posted a clip on here in ages... I fall guilty of just watching others' work and not sharing my own!
i hope this recent highlights clip of a beautiful couple and civil ceremony in a barn make up for it :)

I only noticed the star shine effect when it was just the groom in the shot. Otherwise is just blended in very well. I liked the color pallet you used. The champagne glass shot was unique. Very nice.

Serge Satkar July 22nd, 2008 06:34 AM

Pure positive video!
Music fits best. Compose features and amazing time-lapse with pan look neat and natural

Jason Robinson July 22nd, 2008 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serge Lebedev (Post 910409)
Pure positive video!
Music fits best. Compose features and amazing time-lapse with pan look neat and natural

I was wondering abuot that time lapse with pan. How did you do that? Was that an HD frame that you just cropped down and keyframed the field fo view movement?

Richard Wakefield July 22nd, 2008 11:17 AM

hiya Jason,

I could have done that but it would have been a bit 2-dimensional. What I did was the whole painstakingly panning at a sloth's speed for a couple of minutes... sad i know but it was worth a try. i made sure too that my velbon fluid tripod head was tightened so i could keep the speed constant.

cheers

Jason Robinson July 22nd, 2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Wakefield (Post 910510)
hiya Jason,

I could have done that but it would have been a bit 2-dimensional. What I did was the whole painstakingly panning at a sloth's speed for a couple of minutes... sad i know but it was worth a try. i made sure too that my velbon fluid tripod head was tightened so i could keep the speed constant.

cheers

Ahhh doing things the brute force "good 'ol fashioned way" That is pretty much how I operate. Well your method paid off quite well. It looked very slick.

Matthew Ebenezer July 22nd, 2008 09:22 PM

Hey Richard,

Nice work. What a cool venue!

Not a big fan of the 'star filter' effect ... I thought the slow motion confetti shot was awesome enough without the added effect.

My only real critique would be that the colour work was a bit inconsistent - i.e. some shots were processed really nicely and others looked quite raw. I mainly noticed this 'cause it's something I'm really trying to improve on as well.

Loved the shot of the bridal car pulling up - and the confetti shot (but without the star filter ;)

Cheers,

Matthew.