DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Wedding Promo (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/128195-wedding-promo.html)

Luis Rolo August 18th, 2008 05:49 AM

Wedding Promo

Hi everyone.
Here's my new promo : PROMO 2008 on Vimeo
Hope you enjoy it.

L.R.

Edit: The SD version is already playing.

Oleg Kalyan August 18th, 2008 06:34 AM

Enjoyed it,
intriguing, great concept, good execution, some shots were a little hot, overexposed to me, couple of shots seemed to have a little forced camera movement, great locations, soundtrack incredible (what was it?), 3 females at the end, unexpected ! Overall a nice piece of work!

Luis Rolo August 18th, 2008 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg Kalyan (Post 921560)
Enjoyed it,
intriguing, great concept, good execution, some shots were a little hot, overexposed to me, couple of shots seemed to have a little forced camera movement, great locations, soundtrack incredible (what was it?), 3 females at the end, unexpected ! Overall a nice piece of work!

Thanks Oleg.
The music is from the movie "300".
About the hot shots, you're right. I overexposed a bit, and in pp with the difusion filter that got even more noticeable. I'm thinking about reviewing that, but I don't dislike it totally.
The movement issues (if you're talking about the image getting stucked), I think it has something to do with the Vimeo conversion, because in the original file I dont see any.

Buba Kastorski August 18th, 2008 08:31 AM

Wow, very very nice, I liked it. a bit dark to my eye, but very nice,
but don'ttell me that was handheld, I guess you've used the tripod or monopod have you?

Luis Rolo August 18th, 2008 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buba Kastorski (Post 921597)
Wow, very very nice, I liked it. a bit dark to my eye, but very nice,
but don'ttell me that was handheld, I guess you've used the tripod or monopod have you?

Thanks.
Some parts were handheld, some with a tripod and some with a DIYS steadycam.

Travis Cossel August 18th, 2008 05:20 PM

Very interesting but I was confused by the 3 women at the end. Care to explain what I'm missing? d:-)

Peter Szilveszter August 18th, 2008 08:28 PM

Great job. I do agree with Buba its a little dark in bits.

Travis

It represents the symbolism of styles of video's Luis does.

Or expect the unexpected means that maybe the guy has 3 different girls to choose from.. you wouldn't expect that at a wedding now would you? :P

Just kidding, no idea maybe just a visual concept.

Luis Rolo August 19th, 2008 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Szilveszter (Post 921809)
Or expect the unexpected means that maybe the guy has 3 different girls to choose from.. you wouldn't expect that at a wedding now would you? :P

Bingo!
3 brides for one groom is not the final anyone would expect, at least in a catholic wedding. That was my way of telling future clients I'm willing to surprise them with my work.
Of course it's an exaggerated image, but that's how this marketing things work.
I never saw Santa drinking Coke... :)

Travis Cossel August 19th, 2008 09:53 AM

Well, I like the concept that you have 3 different brides to represent that you do different styles of work, but I don't know if that's the message that will come across to the public. I sure didn't get it. Very cool idea, though.

Luis Rolo August 19th, 2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis Cossel (Post 922050)
but I don't know if that's the message that will come across to the public.

I'm not too worried about that.
My wife says she don't understand me, and she married me anyway... :)
So, I'm more worried about the visual part of it.

Travis Cossel August 19th, 2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luis Rolo (Post 922185)
I'm not too worried about that.
My wife says she don't understand me, and she married me anyway... :)
So, I'm more worried about the visual part of it.

No problem then. I only inquired because when I first watched it I got the impression that the groom was taking on 3 wives, and that's probably not the message you want going out to brides, lol. It could just be that I live in an area of the US that is highly "mormonized", and they have that stigma of polygamy. So maybe it was just subconcious thought interfering. d;-)

At any rate, beautifully shot and edited work (it felt very intimate).

Luis Rolo August 20th, 2008 05:22 AM

When you have a not very clear ending and people get confused about it, but they enjoyed the whole, they will discuss it. That's fantastic for advertising. And since this is intended to be a promo, if I can achieve that, I will be very happy.
Thanks.