DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Steadicam Merlin w/arm and vest wedding (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/141187-steadicam-merlin-w-arm-vest-wedding.html)

Ricci Ocampos January 8th, 2009 08:40 PM

Steadicam Merlin w/arm and vest wedding

Two wedding highlights using sony ex1 and steadicam merlin with arm and vest...boy i wish i had bought the steadicam pilot or LE....comments welcome...

Anne + Greg on Vimeo this one is on HD

Riza + David on Vimeo this one Uploaded through vimeo but not in HD.
Dont Know why,,,,,Anybody Knows Why,,,,,The
Video is the same format with the First Video..

Thank you.....

Peter Szilveszter January 8th, 2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricci Ocampos (Post 991610)
Dont Know why,,,,,Anybody Knows Why,,,,,The Video is the same format with the First Video..

Answer: One HD upload allowed per week if you're not a pro user.

Josh Swan January 8th, 2009 09:19 PM

The merlin takes some time to get good shots. I don't have the arm and vest, but you can't expect "great" shots right out of the box with it.
On the other hand, I thought your footage looked pretty decent.

Ricci Ocampos January 9th, 2009 06:54 AM

Thanks peter, that explains why. I will upgrade my membership. Josh thanks for the comment.

Luke Oliver January 9th, 2009 09:33 AM

re

how long have u had the merlin???

why would u rather the pilot steadicam????

i thought it was good

Ricci Ocampos January 9th, 2009 05:47 PM

i had the merlin for almost 8 months for my sony HC-1, it was good with it since the HC-1 is light. but then i bought the canon Xh a1...it performed well but getting heavy then i bought the Sony ex1 which is very hard to get it balanced and getting very heavy..so i added the arm and vest to support it...but still not quite what i expected...as far as balance and performance...well i guess the merlin is not really for the heavy camera like the EX 1....thinking of selling the merlin and the arm and vest...any one interested....

Chad Nickle January 14th, 2009 05:17 PM

How Much for the arm and vest, I have my Merlin on the way from B&H...

Should do well with my HMC150

Ricci Ocampos January 14th, 2009 10:54 PM

email me your address Bunot77@earthlink.net

Jason Robinson January 15th, 2009 01:36 PM

I loved the opening shots, the closeups, the flying, the music, etc. The white blowout profile shot of the bride was very good too. Very neat that you were allowed to move during the ceremony.

One thing to be careful of is stuff on your lens. A few of the shots into the sun showed that your lens needed a wipe down. Go out to B&H and get 2 or 3 lens pens and always keep one on you and clean that lens every time you have a down sec.

One thing that did not click for me was what looked like constant use of slow-mo. Now I use it a lot myself, but I try not to use it on everything. It is also possible that you didnt' use Slow-mo as much as I think, but it looked frequent to me.

Overall, a great recap.

Ricci Ocampos January 15th, 2009 09:23 PM

Jason, thanks for that wonderful comment on vimeo and put the rest of the critique on DVI, you my man is a true professional. I appreciate you.